On The way to Kandharvaprasth.

It was a mid summer day, the sun was shinning bright, the beautiful lady, the centuries heroine was resting in her room in the eastern end of the Hastinapur palace. She was holding her edge of her green and yellow bordered saree, biting her lips drifting in her thoughts about the sabha.

It was the yagna for announcing her husband yuthister as a successor of the throne which was opposed and the king has decided to give them a part of the hastinapur kingdom, Kandharvaprasth.

It was discussed earlier night, and all her other husbands have come to a conclusion on asking kandharvaprasth.

She was discussing about the place when she was told by Sahadev,her beloved husband.It was a huge forest covered area, which was covered with maya, and lay to the west of yamuna river. The five brothers have to clear this forest to construct their capital city, but this forest is inhabited by Tribes led by a king named Takshala.Takshala has got so many venomous snakes bounded by his power, that who ever tries to occupy the land are found dead.

Sahadev was so worried, when he saw the blank expression of his wife.she nodded her head and suggested that the great warriors would team up in defeating the Takshala army and they would surely create a new world in kandharvaprasth.

Draupathi was disturbed and worried, but her time to leave to the new kingdom, her own paradise was nearing .
The thought that she has to leave Matha kunti away from her husbands was killing her. She promised Matha that she would take care of them in her place, but still how is she going to fulfill her promise??

Her maid, Brinda entered her room to carry draupathi's things. Large bags of jewelry, and rich silk cloths were packed.
She heard her maids murmuring that it would take 1 day and 2 nights to reach kandarvaprasth !! Is it that far??? Again she drifted to her thoughts and started dressing up.

It was almost four hours gone after the sabha, all the brothers have gathered before the big wooden door of their wife's room.

Sagadev mimicked in a kidding voice,"It always keeps woman busy when they start dressing that they forget their timings".

Nakul snapped his twin saying, "No, I think panchali is disturbed, she was not concentrating when we went to get the blessings from pithama, and Guru Drona, and vitur uncle as well".

But It was Bheem who with his stentorian voice called out"panchali, are you ready we are getting late "

Arjun gave a smirk as he saw his wife dressed in a simple saree but she looked elegant, who quitely opened the door of her room and gave each one her twinkling smile,Followed by maids who carried so much of her things.

Yudhishthir suggested to draupathi to walk in front and they all will follow her to her Palanquin.

Many people have gathered around the palace to start their life with pandavas, while duriyodhan saw this from his terrace, seriously planning the defeat of pandavas, envy soaking his throat.

But, on the other hand, after a quick thought by arjun that few people are also needed to establish the kingdom, yudhishtir agreed to take the flock of people gathered around.

They all started moving with their carts and horses and chariots towards kandharvaprasth.

Nakul followed the palanquin with his horse to the right and sahadev on the left , where as bheem protected the people who came along from the middle and arjun from the end. Yudhisther was seated in his chariot with the flag on the top of the chariot heading the group.

They reached the banks of a small river, where they decided to rest for the night and start by early morning.
Quickly small tents where made for the families. One large tent was build for pandavas and their wife to rest upon.

Panchali was the last to enter into the tent, with a small bag and a fruit basket in her hand.
She was taken aback when bheem pulled her aside and started unpacking the fruit basket.

A large mat made of jute was laid in the center of the tent, for the six to eat their dinner.
Few people have offered their queen and king with hot soup, some rice and dal. She also unpacked the bag offered by her Gandhari ma, which had few sweets and some buttermilk.

Panchali called her husbands to have dinner, but was surprised to find the younger pandava prince sahadev was not around. "I will go and find him" Said arjun quickly. "No arya, you start with your prayers, any way I need to wash these plates, and I will also take the help of arya sahadev ", informed panchali and quickly rised to her feet.

She was carrying the plates, to give a quick wash in the water, while she found her Arya Sahadev washing his face and hands in the river.
" Why did you come alone panchali? "Asked Sahadev in a gutsy voice.
" I am not afraid of darkness, nor fear for being alone or move around without you all., as I know you are my protectors and also know that my arya is around the river. Why? I should not come here to meet you alone? "She questioned him back.
" I know you came here to wash the plates but ", he stopped midway looking at his wife's dashing eyes and bright face which was lit up in the sparkling moon light.

Panchali understood his looks and interrupted his thoughts, " Arya, common, let's move, all are waiting for the dinner to be served ".

Sahadev helped her to wash the plates and was smiling at her every second.
Panchali was happy to see the smile on her husband face, and their shoulders touched each other while they were washing the plates. They made a quick walk towards the tent.

They found the foursome already finished half of the fruits in the basket and waiting for the rest of the food to be served. " Dear Rani, can you quickly serve, I am already starving"smirked bheem.

"Yes, he is starving because he ate 12 bananas and 5 apples already "arjun chuckled., pulling panchali to sit next to him and nakul.

That was a wonderful night with each of their beds in a corner, with panchali sleeping around the last end, in her bed carefully arranged so that she gets support from each of the pandava brothers who lay awake taking turns, to see their lady love sleeping... Her face was more bright and beautiful than the moon, thought the brothers.

Thank you..
With this one chapter is ready!!!
Please comment!