HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (2)

Things weren't always that bad in the omegaverse.

Fated pairs.

It was considered a legend.

And he couldn't make sense of it since it really did sound like something from a fairytale. But apparently. it does exist. Or from what his subordinates have told him.

There were these things called a fated pair.

An alpha and omega that were destined for each other.

He considers it a bluff.

A scam.

Fated pairs were supposed to recognize each other at first sight, just from a distance, and even if just by a single whiff.

But if there were really fated pairs... then why does the closest thing he could remember to actually feeling a bond was when he first saw you?

And he never once believed that he had a fated pair to begin with.

Someone like him who was a denizen of the underground world didn't need a mate.

He was meant to be there, to grovel to survive, to wallow in an eternal pit of blood and darkness. He was meant to be alone. He was a man who could die at any given time and was with subordinates willing to die at any given time.

He does not need the existence of a mate.

Something as bright as a mate...

He doesn't deserve it.

But why the hell does he suddenly remember those words?

Why was his head so hazy? So heavy?

It was hard to breathe, to think, and he feels the numbness coursing in his entire body. 

He wants to breathe, even if for a little. And come to think of it... when was the last time he saw you?