🎆 LXXXVII: Inability

A/N: Y'all really out to kill a character just because he wasn't on the MC's side ☠️ b r uh i wheezed. Still confused at whether some of y'all actually read. I was—

 I was—

Ushijima Wakatoshi glances at her, realizing how her body language was screaming discomfort and he could only blink. She was very awkward with just him around, pausing in between her sentences.

Though he understands that and he understands why.

Like mustering up her courage, she gulps and she still forced herself to go on. "Should we go?" She asks as she takes a deep breath and he could only nod.

Though he also finds himself a little uncomfortable with the atmosphere. But he has to go through this. He isn't the type to back off this easily. Plus, something was urging him to go on and he needed to see where all this would lead to.

He lets out a small sigh before he walks alongside her as they sightsee, the tension making it hard for any of them to utter a word. He easily distracts himself with the festive atmosphere, the crowd easily drowning out the silence between the two of them.

Should he ask her something to remove this tense atmosphere? They didn't seem like good friends from this tension. But he knew he needed to trust time and wait.

And it really did wore off. 

While the crowd and the bustling people momentarily distracted them, there busied themselves with looking at sites — sites that were both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time, like fabric of memories just waiting to be woven together.

"Remember when Goshiki first attended the festival with us and wanted to be the top at every game in the stalls?"

He hums and nods at the memory, finding an image of the scenario in this crowd. It was as if they could see it— how they in their youth, filled this place with warmth and memories.