🦅 LX: Marked

It was a piece of advice he got from Shirabu. 

Well, it wasn't something he was directly told but he overheard when he was on his way back from night practice. He heard how people who aren't really dating should try to at least limit how close they are. 

And somehow he felt like that applied to him. Though he initially frowned at the idea. He wasn't acting that close that the two of you would be mistaken for a couple... right

But although he inwardly grimaced at the idea, he had already planned to do it. So he was going to start limiting that today. 

"Ahh... so I'll sleep on the top bunk?" You ask and he nods.

It was bedtime and Ushijima Wakatoshi had told you the details. His teammate, Reon had left to sleep in another room for the rest of the camp so the two of you could get some privacy. 

So this was the current dilemma.

The athlete was telling you to sleep on the upper bunk.

You only nod as you confirm it.

And he watches you toss the blanket you've always used to the upper bunk before climbing up through the ladder.

He closes the lights and lay down on the lower bunk.

He sees you peek from the upper bunk, your doll-like turquoise eyes looking at him innocently. 

"What?" He blinks and you look away slightly before you said it in a low voice, "Good night."

He only replies with a nod. And you smile before you fixed yourself up.

Ushijima Wakatoshi looks at the clock that evening.

It was nearly 10, clearly past his bed time.

He needed to sleep to be in good condition for that running rematch with Karasuno's duo and all the other matches that will be held tomorrow.