VII: Gossip

"Ahh... That guy was a piece of work." Norrie mumbles underneath her breath remembering the whole ordeal with Ayaka's boyfriend. But she couldn't do anything about it anyway.

"They got back together?" You guessed and Norrie nods. The both of you sighed as you look blankly into space. "Here we go again." you both said in unison. Ayaka may have been the cute type of girl you want to protect and she may have been their friend, but she always ends up in a toxic relationship one way or another. And this was one of those.

You didn't know if it was because of the shoujo mangas you've read but she's always hurling herself to those types of boys that acted like an asshole. And her lovelife was always a sharp contrast to yours. 

Ayaka was the type to deliberately find an asshole of a partner as long as they were good looking and an athlete. And you were the type who didn't care for looks or body types as long as they weren't assholes. If they're well-mannered and okay-looking, you will usually consider their looks as a bonus. 

But by some trick the universe always seem to pull, not only were most of the dude you've dated below average in physical attributes, they also become assholes in the end. And to add, they weren't just bad in that department, they're also useless in bed. And you've made them believe that they were good despite being  bad and unfortunately, ill-equipped.  

The rim of your eyes burn as some of the memories reappear in your head. It was embarrassing. All the guys you've previously dated looked like the type you question whether you've actually dated them or not. And they all want to be together with you again though you always remember how they were usually the ones who broke up with you first... when you've been so kind to even date them in the first place. 

But that was the end of it. It's been a while since you've last dated anyone and you weren't really looking for a boyfriend or anyone to date. You know your bad luck was worse than Ayaka and you didn't want to be on the same disappointing loop.

Well, your time doesn't really need a boyfriend anyway. Right now, you have a large pet that you needed to pay attention to. 

"So how'd stuff at your end go? Didn't you went ballistic and all?" Norrie asks, relieving your rage moments at the gym the other day and you reply shortly, "A little."

"A little she says. You gave Ayaka's boyfriend a nasty blackeye aside from that nosebleed." She says and you looked elsewhere, feeling bad for the dude. But Norrie suddenly tapped your shoulder and you look at her in surprise. She suddenly gave you a smile and a thumbs up, "Nice Kill."   

"I DIDN'T KILL HIM. Don't make it sound like I did." You shouted at her but she just laughs. "I know, I know. I was just copying Ushiwaka's teammates." She raises her arms in defense. 

"But, good job for getting even, though the dude's scared of you now." she reminds you and you only sighed. That oughtta teach him a lesson though.