XXXVI: Concrete (1)

You didn't expect Ushijima Wakatoshi to live in an apartment. And to think he was in his own hometown too. You look around as you first enter, dropping your bags on the floor temporarily.

"Are you living apart from your family?" You got the idea and he nods.

You hum as you picked up your stuff and lay it down at his living room, then slumped to the long couch.

You aren't really the type to pry anyway. So you didn't ask anything else. 

That and the fact that you were pretty tired.

You had travelled with him from Tokyo to his hometown at the first light of dawn and you have slept the entire trip. As you slumped even more to rest, you groaned at the tiring memory of travelling. But that was necessary. The training camp was in his previous high school and yoi agreed to go with him so you have no choice but to travel.

"So when does your training start??" You asked him.

"Tomorrow."

What the fuck.

"Jesus. That's early." You complained.

He only nods. "Were going to help out with the preparation. That and my teammates and I are going to practice first so they won't play that badly in the mock tournament." He says, like he's quoting someone else.

"Wouldn't it be overkill for you to play there though?" You asked.

He shrugs and you think about it. "Well. The fact that you're invited means they must have not thought that it was." You see him grin at your remark and he fixes your stuff.

"Wait if you're playing, then are you gonna play in a team with your previous teammates then? The ones I've met?" You suddenly asked.

"Yeah." He answers.

Then it made sense. "Yeah. They'll balance you out since they haven't played for a while."

"How do you know?" He asks.