XVII: Hayashi Rice

"Are you sure you aren't joining the rest of the team?" You eyed him as you opened the gate to your house. You see him nod from the corner of your eyes. The volleyball team initially had plans to go drinking the night of the exhibition matches and to think he had refused to join them when you told him you'd make him Hayashi rice.

"You live here?" He asks. You casually nod. And though you were quite chill about it, he was quite the opposite.

"This is a mansion." He eyes you with a serious expression and you look away.

"Yeaaah." You say awkwardly looking at the view in front of you. You live in a large mansion inside an enclosed area. It was a % minute walk from uni and it was a large two-storey house that could even beat the local mall in terms of design and space. It was practically screaming luxury from the virtual security checks and the looming glass walls that made the modern interior stood out.  

He looks around, waiting for someone to greet you and he made a conclusion after realizing. "You live... alone?"

"With two housekeepers I rarely see." You clarified. "Well, it's just one of our houses after all." You added.

"One?" He asks. "Yeah, my family lives in Brazil." You scratched the back of your head. "Some of my brothers also went to the university here so they built a house we could live in while were in college. Plus, it also doubles as a vacation house." You say. Most people would probably be awkward when you tell them about this. You didn't want to sound like you were filthy rich although you are. Most people didn't know how to react after all. But you were partly glad you were talking to Ushijima Wakatoshi. 

The guy's motivations were pretty simple. But you were wondering what he was thinking about as he keeps staring at your house. He didn't looked like he was overwhelmed with the info. So what was going on in that head of his? 

He narrowed his eyes as he looked at the house. It was a gut feeling. "Do you... have an indoor court?" He says with a sharp expression. 

Figures. You sighed.

"Yes and gym's at the back."

"And a gym?" His eyes piqued in curiosity. "Yes. Yes." You say, waving him off. He stares at the building once again. it was like a dream house, well, almost. It was just missing one more thing.

"So where is the Hayashi rice?"

"I HAVEN'T MADE IT YET."