🦅 LXXXI: Fly (3)

A/N: Hello, it's currently finals week hence the late update. Only one more exam to gooo ahuhuhu. Also, I'm not entirely sure if I've already published a similar narration in this chapter. If I have, please comment it down so I could change it. 

=ටᆼට= 

"You... You're a little behind, aren't you?" You suddenly ask.

Hinata Shoyo stops short and he looks at you. And from a distance, you could hear him gulp before he nods as he looks at you directly in the eye.

"Good bodily control, great reflexes, decent balance, your physical attributes are possibly considered max." You gave him a rundown of all the information you've observed from his so far and the highschool boy only blinks.

When you first saw Hinata Shoyo, you thought you were two similar players— like two peas from the same pod. Disadvantaged by their own bodies, yet somehow also blessed. Like a dichotomy of blessings and curses.

It felt like that when you saw him.

But no. That wasn't it. 

You weren't alike.

You weren't anything alike at all.

You weren't two peas from the same pod. And you were ironically... the opposite.

You were blessed with the most ideal environment for any player. What you considered normal, everyone else thought incredible. From the moment you were born, your foundation was already established. You were exposed to an environment those only at the top could see. 

And he was not. Hinata Shoyo was not exposed to the same environment. In fact, he might as well come from one that was the exact opposite. And that meant one thing.

"You don't know the basics... or you knew. But a little later that what was expected for you to learn them." You guessed and he nods, which boils it to one undeniable fact.

"Your foundation is weak." You say as you look at him.

And the Karasuno ace looks at you, eye to eye. 

There was a strange sense of seriousness in his gaze as if he knows more than anyone else. And perhaps he did.