🦅 LXXIV: Hidden Boss (6)

A/N: ✨ Feeding time ✨

There was an eerie feeling every time they see you play— like an omen.

Sure, it has always been ominous to play with a player you know nothing about. But this was different. It was different.

Sometimes the volleyball gods bestows miracles on certain teams.

It was usually how things were— oftentimes, miracles are born from even the dumbest mistakes. A point will be given from something totally out of their control. It was how miracles works inside the court.

And then there came this eerie feeling around you. That sometimes, it feels like those miracles strangely doesn't apply to you.

What sometimes feels like miracles... weren't miracles when you do it.

Since it looks bizarrely deliberate.

And Kageyama Tobio wanted to know.

How.

A player who could do everything wasn't weird. He'd seen a handful in the youth camp and at nationals. From receives to spikes to serves to even setting— there were players who could do everything, himself included.

But there was a difference.

They usually tell how much they didn't like working with another player once they say how they'll prefer playing alone rather than as a team instead. He remember himself saying it in his first year a couple of times.

But if you were the one who would say the same thing— of playing all by yourself, they had no doubts. You could probably do it on your own. This was the sole difference. 

Players have always managed to showcased their skills even with just a single match. But the longer they play with you, the more they kept being taken by surprise. If looking at skills were like looking at water in a glass, why does he have the feeling that looking at you... feels like looking at the ocean?

And as the fact kept reminding them, they could only sigh once again. They sigh as they make their way back to the court. This was the first time they found a solution to deal with you. And that was— to not face you at all. You were only out of the court once an outside force came in to the scene and they've never been so relieved to not see a player on the opposing side of the court.