V: Rumours

"Ushijima, you're dating the foreigner who's always here?" His teammates asked and Ushijima looks at him.

"Claire and I are not dating. And she says you have to fix your habit of slouching when waiting for the opponent's serve since it messes with your muscles and that's why your run-up position is all messed up." he says like the question was already anticipated and he even had a comeback prepared.

"Uwaa. How does she know that?" The former yelps in surprise. "What? Did she really said that?" someone asked and Ushijima nods. "Yeah and she said you were most likely to ask about it since you look like you like gossip."

"Harsh."

"But that ain't something that'll come from Ushiwaka alright." 

"But isn't she sort of amazing? She caught me practicing something a pro player did and she got tired of the failed attempts so she demonstrated it like it was nothing." 

"That's true. She also gives helpful side comments from time to time if she's really fed up with it."

"But why is she only teaching Ushijima though?" 

"What did you do Ushiwaka? hmmm..." 

"You better tell." His teammates nudged at him but the stoic expression on his face remained unfazed.

"Alright, you all better go back to practice. We have a practice game later with a well-known foreign team." the coach reminded them and they stood up in unison.

You arrived at the gym, wondering why Ushijima's team was in their uniforms. "Goliath, You have a practice match?" You ask him and he nods. 

"Which team?" 

"H University's Roaring Tigers." Your ears perked up when you heard him and you give him a confused look. "H University's Roaring Tigers?" You repeated as if you were trying to make sure.

"Who the hell is that?" You snarl and Ushijima looks at you as if he was looking at a lost child. "I thought you lived here." He said, insinuating that since you live around then you must have known which team he was talking about.

"They said it's a powerhouse." he added and you scratched the back of your head. "They must be decent then." You say without a care and he remembers your fucked up standards.