XXVII: Spill

"Did you get everything on tape?" You heard Norrie say as you sit lazily on the nearby couch.

"That was straight up porn. We stan a queen." Ayaka cheered.

You knew they were talking. Despite the nasty spin your eyesight was giving you as you looked straight into space, you at least knew the current facts. They were obviously talking about the dare, since you've heard this entire conversation for the nth time.

God knows how many times they've been replaying the video they captured.

It was as if they didn't witnessed the entire thing in person though they obviously did. Since they were the ones who obviously pushed it to happen.

But that didn't matter. You weren't mad. You had other problems anyway. Until you looked up, trying to recall what it was. Or did you have problems? Your brows furrowed as your eyesight became blurrier by the second, a wash of confusion washing over your face. What were you thinking of again? You stared into space as you contemplated.

Claire Romero was a person who would usually act like she has a game plan whether it be in or our of the court (although its mostly in the court of course). You have a knack for looking forward to unforeseen circumstances. You've always kept it a habit to examine your surroundings once you've done something.

But this time you didn't. You didn't.

Because you couldn't.

You stare at the glass filled with the heavy drink you were served, a strange urge welling up in your stomach. Your throat suddenly itched.

And before your friends could even ask how you were doing, you had picked up the filled glass, and downed it, like you would water.

Your friends look at you with wide eyes, the facts being brought forth. And it was rather early too.

You were drunk.

Ushijima Wakatoshi looks at you as you lean on him. And yes, you were leaning on him— because you weren't tall enough to reach his shoulders so you had been left with no choice but to rely on whatever surface his stiff body has to offer. And as to why you prefer him rather than the couch, he didn't really know, nor did he mind.

You had been knocked out temporarily from being drunk. And he had been told to be on this spot, to sit beside you, and look after you as your guardian for the rest of the night.