XXIII: New Girlfriend

"Oh my god. Did you have a lovers' quarrel?" Norrie asks upon hearing about the news.

"No." You reply lazily as you eat your lunch.

Norrie looks at you then thinks, doing the only thing she could do at the moment.

"I'll go check his profile." She says.

The dude barely even posts anything. So what could she find there? You thought. But as if she could hear your thoughts out loud, she answers.

"If he's done something strange, then something strange might also happen to his social media accounts." Your friend informs you. And as if she hit a bull's eye, everything she just said was suddenly confirmed from the way her eyes lit up.

"Wow, he looks like he has a new girlfriend." Was the first thing she says and was all that you needed to know.

"Lmao." You say sarcastically.

But you were quite curious too. Ushijima Wakatoshi had never blocked you even if he had a girlfriend before. So what was new right now?

You looked over Norrie's phone and you saw a recent photo that was just posted. And to think it was even posted in public.

You squint your eyes. A girl with long brown hair was posing with Ushijima. You could tell, from the way you could effectively read the athlete— the man looked like he was forced to do the whole thing.

Then why... Then why was he going along with it?

There were quite a few reactions and comments on the photo. But it looked like there were the girl's friends not his.

"What? Did Ushiwaka cheat on you?" You hear Ayaka's knuckles crack from a distance.

Yes.

Just kidding.

"No. We aren't dating." You calmed her down.

You see Norrie's eyes piqued in interest. Her hands started to work. And as you expected, she was already stalking the girl.