III: Goliath

"Oh. You're here again." You say to him as he remains seated on the bench near the school building. He looked like he was waiting for something so you tried to bother him. To add, you have business with him since the last time you've seen him.

But you have come prepared, doing neck exercises since the first time you've seen him. You puffed your chest proudly.

"Romero Claire." He says like he was declaring it. And your eyes squint. 

"Good to see you too, Goliath." You say to him and he looks at you with a puzzled expression.

"Goliath?" 

"Yeah. It's what my friends call you. One of them saw me and you together the last time. And they called me David. We're David and Goliath. You know... that small dude who threw a rock on a giant in the bible." 

He looked like he was thinking hard and you just looked at him. You took a deep breath before putting out an illustration towards him. 

"Story. David. Rock. Goliath. Small. Giant. Rock. Dead." 

He nods like a child before saying the first thing that came on his mind. 

"But I can just receive it." 

"THAT ISN'T ABOUT VOLLEYBALL. IT'S A REFERENCE. AND YOU CAN'T RECEIVE A ROCK." You raised your voice in irritation but you coughed, changing the topic.

"So anyway who are you waiting for?" 

"Just passing the time."

It was strange. He doesn't look like the type who can let time pass. "Instead of playing volleyball?" You ask him. 

He nods. "You were just done with training aren't you?" 

He nods again. "You're here for practice?" You ask. 

"And seeing my father." 

"Ohhh." You say but you weren't the type to pry. "So how was it? Playing against the team here?"