X: Demo

"This is your idea of coed volleyball?" the captain looks at you awkwardly. 

Emma's team had 4 boys and 2 girls inside the court. And you stood there with 5 other players from Ushijima's team, including the man himself. The opponents were the school's best players that were going pro. So it looked evenly matched. But the entire thing didn't looked like a normal coed volleyball match anyway. It just looked like an attempt to settle your dispute with each other but nobody was complaining. It was just a demo anyway.

"I don't remember your names so I'll just call your number." You say shamelessly and the others looked at you disappointingly but not surprised. "Ain't that nice. I'm finally able to play a match in volleyball." You say to Ushijima as you elbow him. 

He bows down slightly. "Let's have a good match then." You wanted to punch him. "Shouldn't you be telling that to the other team?" You mused but he looks like he has a different priority. But it would be a lie to say that you weren't the same.

"I want to call the shots." You suddenly declared and the others looked at you in surprise. They look at the coach but the latter only nods with a grin on his face.

"So  what's the plan?" the setter asks you and you grin. "Do everything like you usually do." you said without a care and they looked at you as if you were insane.

You played as the outside hitter. You debated for this position. It was reckless to be a middle blocker at your height and gender. And this was the best possible position for you. Emma Jones was playing the same position. She looked like she was confident in her skills and in her team. She had watched the exhibition match a few months back when Ushijima's team first came to this school. The japanese team had a close fight with the school's team and her team now has the assortment of players they all had trouble with back then.  

You knew and you remember. But that didn't matter. Since they weren't aware of some things. "Nice serve!" You say and Ushijima starts up the ball. He does a jump serve, sending the ball to your 'rival', the nasty speed and rotation throwing the ball from Emma's arms. You hear the whistle confirming a point from your team and you nod at Ushijima to follow your plan. He does the same again and the same thing happens. For the third time, the ball targets the libero instead and it went up. You considered this the official start of the match.

And as according to what you said, the Japanese team really did act like they usually do. And you blended right in, acting like the usual guy they have for their setup. Except for one thing. 

The rally was almost never ending. You kept the ball up as long as it entered your domain. What could be considered as miraculous saves, you did too often. And you executed it with ease. It looks like you didn't even considered it a big deal.  

"Shouldn't she just be the libero then?" The other team complains. Your team heard it. It wasn't that they disagreed. But it was easy to tell when you were even better than the actual libero himself. And as if you were sneering at the comment you just received, you suddenly wheezed after you slammed an inner cross right at their faces.