🎆 XCIII: Bloom

A/N: My dormant english skills has been put to the test by this chapter HAHAHHAHA. Enjoooooy.

— 

"And... it's not something we haven't done before, is it?"

ASHDHSJDHSDGWWSGDHFGKHDFGHJ

HE... DID HE JUST-

Your lips formed a thin line as you stood there, stunned. 

It takes you a couple of minutes before you could recover. And when you did, the first thing you do was avoid his eyes. It felt like his gaze was holding you by the neck and you can't have that. "...It is something we have done before." You find yourself saying in a low voice and you are only able to repeat his words.

But that was everything you could only say. Nothing was registering in your head for you to come up with a decent reply. But he looks like he knows that, as he suddenly holds your hand and leads the way.

It felt like the adrenaline rushed from his hand on your hand to your chest, and you are holding your breath. You didn't need to see his face to know he was wearing that usual serious expression and here you were, internally panicking. But you stopped short as you noticed it from the grip on your hand.

Ohhh.

His hands were a little shaky... despite that stoic look on his face.

You couldn't help but sigh and smile as you shake your head. And here you thought he was so mature that the whole thing was something he could easily brush off.

But it wasn't.

You watch as Ushijima Wakatoshi's back drew a path from the lantern-lit road to the hillside. Every path he creates seemed like a maze. There was not a trace on the ground that indicated that this was something people usually thread on.

And he really did picked out something hidden, like a secret spot. It was up in a hill, where you could see the entire festival and the place even had a stool.

You stood still as you looked at the view. It felt amazing to look at the festival from afar. The place looked so foreign and out of reach even if you've just been there a couple of minutes ago. When you turned your back to look at him, Ushijima Wakatoshi was also taking in the scenery, a hint of nostalgia in his gaze.