XVI: Pros

The court was quite packed. You see familiar coaches and players on the visitors— and they were familiar in the sense that they've appeared on the personnel list you've looked up when you were just finding stuff out about volleyball. From what you've heard, a volleyball pro team will be having a match with the school's and Ushijima's volleyball team. So the number of people inside was rather explainable.

But strangely, You were getting quite a few glances when you entered the gym.  

"What's up?" You asked Ushijima's team as you realized the commotion. They looked at you and sighed at the chill atmosphere surrounding you, realizing you weren't aware of anything.  

"Someone took a video of the demo match."  

"Oh?"  

"The one you played in." 

"Ohhh."

"They had everything on tape."  

"Ahhhh." You said. You thought hard. Then what was the problem? 

From what you remembered, you did everything normally that day so what was up? Was the question in your head. 

And as if Ushijima Wakatoshi could tell what you were thinking from the way he narrows his eyes, he slapped you with reality. 

"You were nowhere near normal." He says with a stoic expression in his face. You know what he meant. He probably meant that your performance wasn't on the level of what a "normal" should be, despite you feeling that it was no big deal. But you wanted to curse him for his unspecific words.  

"Well said, Wakatoshi!" His teammates looked like they were proud of him.  

...

You only look at them with a deadpan expression.  

"So what's the fuss?" You said, hiding your irritation.

"Some of them are here to scout you, you idiot." 

"Ohhh." You say again as a filler. But the look on your face says your demeanor about the whole thing. They didn't need for you to say it.