🎆 XC: Date ✿

A/N: Updating because I miss updating and I need a breather ahaha. I have read some of your messages and yes, I am okay (i think). Just very busy with law school and my backlogs are piling up so yeeees :(((( AHAHA  

Oh, and I finally changed the story description with a scene from one of my favorite chapters in the story. I think it captures the essence of the story more plus, i really suck at writing story descriptions AHAHA. Anywaaaay, enjoooooy ✿

"She's waiting, you say?" the male model smirked. 

"Ha. Then let her wait. I'll only do this shoot if they replace her."

And when you heard the male model, you immediately turn quiet. Norrie Morgans looks at you in surprise then grins as she sees you opening your mouth. "Fine then." You said.

You stared at how the guy looked at you in surprise. You got a clear look at the way his eyes widened as he looks at you for the very first time. And before he and his staff could even say a single thing, you hear Norrie give you a piece of advice. 

"Just follow the lanterns." She says, shaking her head before you started running off with a grin on your face.

You took off that heavy headdress and ran— to the lights, to where everyone else was headed, like how a firefly was drawn to the flame.

The restrictions on the obi didn't do anything to hinder your speed. You ran and ran as the wind carried your hair, the platinum blonde color clashing against the moonlight. You skipped your way to the lantern pavement, content with this new-found freedom. You ran and ran, unknowing that your figure made it seem as if something ephemeral had descended on the streets of Tokyo.

And when you got there, you realized something— from the unfamiliar scenery to the unexpected number of people.

You really were like a firefly drawn to the flame.

And that firefly realized something when it was finally able to see the flame up close.

It was beautiful. The flame was beautiful.

When you looked at the festival from a distance, it looked something so dreamlike, but from this distance, from up close...  The bustling crowd, the array of lanterns adorning it, the game stalls to the scent of food, people, and summer. It was noisy, a little hot, but very... alive.

You could only smile as the warm colors from the lantern lights were reflected on your turquoise eyes.