🦅 LXXVII: Trainer (1)

A/N: Hello, this was supposed to be for last week but my phone's broken. When I type, the keys don't register since there's a crack on the screen. And I usually write drafts there so yeaaaa. Plus, I swore I won't update until I have bought Osamu's nendo but its fortunately on the way now so YEEEEEY AHAHAHAHA. I camped on hubbyte's site for five days to be able grab an extra stock and alleluia. 

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO IRL CLAIRE! She's the reason I wrote this story and this was created only because she was hella persistent. So yeah, happy birthday and you old now ayieeeh AHAHAHAH

Everything went a little too fast right after that revelation. The matches afterwards had been completed at a much faster rate and he was even surprised.

Word about you was spreading like wild fire and he was officially always on guard duty. Though he does wonder why his lowerclassmen have looked at him with much more revere this time. He had heard the line, "As expected of Ushijima-san" reverberating in his ear ever since the matches ended and he didn't know what they meant.

But he wasn't planning on finding out either. After all, there were more things in life other than what other people say. He inwardly nods. Only one thing matters other than those trivial things anyway— volleyball.

It was night practice right now.

You held a volleyball on your hand as you look at Ushijima Wakatoshi on the other side of the court. He was looking intently at you, with a spirit to destroy any opponents but you were as unbothered as usual. 

Right now, there were other kids you were currently entertaining.

"Can we go watch?" The highschool kids suddenly asked, pertaining to the night practice you have with Ushijima. They were mainly the third years from some of the teams here and you shrugged.

It was an odd mix since they were really tall and their leader was a short third year. They look like they were being led by a tangerine and you sighed. "Only watch."

"We ain't gonna play." You repeat yourself and they eagerly nodded.

Ushijima Wakatoshi only looks at them as you do. You know he has that sharp look on his face, trying to be a little smug and you could only shake your head.

But this was how evening always works. And you were always painfully aware of the fact—  that evening is goliath's time. And your giant will always be a persistent thing beyond that stoic face of his.