XII: Lara Wan

"Wait, If you're a professional trainer, why are you at the Physics department?"

"Both her parents have jobs that have short shelf lives so stop bothering the girl." Norrie answers their questions for you. You thanked her with a nod. "Which reminds me, what does her mother do?" 

You stop short at the question and you glared at the players. "You all really do love gossip like some high school girls, don't you? You'd better be ready for practice then." You say as you scribble down on the papers set out on the bench.

"What are you doing?" Ushijima asks as he bends down to look at your work. "I owe the coach training guides so I'm helping out... a little." You say.

"This is 'a little'?" He asks as he looks at the pile of paper you have stacked on. And you only glare at him. "It is. I have more papers about you than this lot combined anyway." you say nonchalantly. 

"That makes you sound like a stalker, you know." Norrie shouts from afar and you scowl at her. How the hell could she hear that and why was she so far away anyway? "About me?" Ushijima asks. "Yes, Yes. Your highest reaching point, The average statistics of your spikes from your high school days, even the training you've undergone in camps and in your school. I got most of the information from your previous school." You say without a care and he only looks at you.

"Girl, that's not how you confess to a man!" Norrie shouts yet again and you wanted to throw your shoe at her. "How did you even get that info?" he asks and you sigh. "You're some sort of superstar in highschool right? It isn't that hard to find out about those things. Some of those things are even on tape." You say and he only nods as he sits beside you, watching you work. 

"So what professional sports have you dealt with before?" Ushijima asks after a while. "A little of soccer, beach volleyball, tennis..." you answer lazily.

"That explains those receives then!" One of the players said, shouting. "It was the footwork after all." Oh my god. They were listening in on the conversation. 

"So you incorporate other skill sets you've acquired into other sports?" Ushijima asks and you grin. "Of course." 

"Why?" He asks yet again and you remain focused on your work. "Because I can." 

You wonder why he was so talkative today. You weren't used to it and you felt that something was off. You suddenly looked at him. 

He was holding his phone and he was in a group chat. His teammates were making him read the questions from his phone. 

You stare at him with dead eyes and he remains stoic like he wasn't just caught. "Are you a kid?"