🎆 LXXXVI: Dead Stars

The white blossom stared at Ushijima Wakatoshi as he looks at it. It looks so small in his hand and strangely... out of place. The accessory was small in his hands, the other end brimming with crystal clear white blossoms that bore no resemblance to the current summer season. It was out of place like that. But he still can't help but glance at it.

He stares at the traditional hairpin in his hand. 

The crystal white blossoms shone as it gets hit by the afternoon sun, as if it was a mirror  reflecting the color of orange skies.

He wonders why he brought such an accessory along. But when he looked at it earlier, it felt like he was being compelled to bring it along. And maybe he really needed to. 

It was just a gut feeling, as if he knows that he'll bring it out eventually, give it and leave it there. It just felt like that.

"Toshi!" 

He suddenly comes to a halt as he hears it. A familiar voice made his ears ring and he immediately stops short, looking its way.

Tendo Satori looks up to glance at the afternoon sun.

He stares at the clashing colors of the setting sun in the sky. He finds satisfaction in looking at the view— of how the setting skies looked like a battlefield engulfed in what seemed like a sea of fire. But he doesn't look at it just because of that. 

He glances at it to look at a memory— a memory of how a volleyball idiot and a girl who loved volleyball just the same used to bear witness to this battlefield in the skies.

They bore witness, looking almost like they were a perfect match, as if no one could separate the two of them.

He didn't think it was possible then. Whenever he looked at the athlete, he used to find it hard to picture how Ushijima Wakatoshi would look if ever the athlete would be in a relationship.

But to think he did managed to see what Ushijima Wakatoshi would look like in one.

And It was refreshing. It was refreshing to see the former ace had that look in his face.

To think happiness could be expressed in such a stoic face.