🦅 LII: Ballgirl (2)

You sighed inwardly, as you grimaced at how lowkey you've been, being the ballgirl earlier. You were rather fond of playing a guessing game with where the ball would bounce off to, move exactly where you predicted it to land, then you would pick it up right after. It was a game you liked since it put your degree and intuition to the test.

But you were called out so you had no choice but to do this anyway.

You feel sweat cling to you as you gulped the water down, feeling the intensity of the summer heat.

And then the intensity of the gazes after.

You feel sweat dripped down the sides of your forehead.

Ahh.

There it is.

You turn your heads to the direction of the crowd above the bleachers who was looking at you and when you caught them, they instantly looked away.

"Uwaaa. How did she figure that out?"

"Scary."

But there was a simple explanation for that.

While you have been repeatedly told to be very dense, you have an increased sensitivity and awareness only when your active within a court. Though you really aren't bothered by the surprised looks.

You remove Ushijima's jacket as you put it on the bench and you suddenly went to where the athlete was.

"Hair tie." You say upon looking at him and Ushijima nods, pulling it out from his pocket.

"Ahh. Wait." You say as you try to make him hold the water bottle so you could tie your hair up but he stops you.

"I'll do it." The athlete suddenly says sharply.

You stare as you were reminded how he had also done this at the kitchen yesterday. And how his concentration of doing so burned your back.

You only laughed and nod as you remain standing as he ties your hair clumsily.