🎆 LXXXIX: Shackles

-A few hours ago-

"Goliath, are you free later?"

Ushijima Wakatoshi glances at the text he got from you on his phone.

Your name popped up on his notification exactly before the meeting with Tendo and the others.

He wanted to know why you were asking, as he typed out a response but he shook that thought off.

At the same time, he couldn't help this strange constriction in his chest.

It was painful.

It was the first thing he confirmed when he could finally make reason out of all his emotions.

And he realized it whenever he looks at you or perhaps even sees your name.

It was painful to be with you.

And it was painful now.

Like he was being forced to do something and he does not have a single say about it.

It feels like he couldn't do anything he wants for some reason.

Like there were chains wrapped around his body, trying to restrict him, to suffocate him.

And this was new for Ushijima Wakatoshi who had always been a simple man with clear priorities.

His ideologies are clear, his foundation solid, and his actions are never without thought.

He was a man whose domineering force had been acknowledged, cemented on his own name.

And now it was as if he was compelled to do things, being forced to do things he didn't want.

Instead, he was forced to do things you want.