XI: Value

"Doesn't that look like bad news?" you heard and the grim faces on your team says it all. You watch Emma look at you with a smirk. Look at her act all high and mighty when she wasn't even playing.

"It's unfortunate. But I don't hit girls." Andrei Williams say aloud and you only looked at him. You don't retort to trashtalk when you're this deep into the match, not when you were trying to figure out what he was thinking. Guys like this should just be dealt with simply. 

"Bring it." You challenged him. 

He smirks before giving a serve to your direction. It looked like it could hurt. The onlookers could only gulp as he slams the ball to your direction. But Andrei Williams had not watched the match. He had entered the game without knowing anything, having the overpowering confidence to pull anything off and to crush anyone on his way. And that was his biggest flaw right now.

He doesn't know anything. It was the strongest ball you've probably seen so far in this gym. But such things didn't matter. 

You could receive anything, as long as it was a ball that was weaker than your father's. And you did. You grin as you killed the ball's speed, the impact of the ball on your arms resounding over the gym, like the entire thing was played on slow motion. It spun in a rotation you knew, simply because you didn't just experienced it since childhood, but because your recent pet did the same.

"CHANCE BALL." Your team shouted and you shake your head as a grin crosses your face. "Wakatoshi!" The setter gives him a high toss. Ushijima jumps up, the mirage of his figure hanging on to the air a little more than usual. He looked glorious.

Andrei Williams jumps to block him. But ignorance was a player's focal point. He may have regarded Ushijima as akin to his younger self but he looked like he didn't consider that Ushijima had been training for the past months. He looks at the sight of the Japanese player as he slams past their three man block with power rawer than they've seen a few months back. 

The opponents looked at him, wondering about the drastic change. He looks at Ushijima's figure, your figure coming into his line of sight as you stand behind the large player, with a nasty glare he'd never seen before and you stared at him. Andrei Williams finally realized what was different.

Ushjima Wakatoshi and Andrei Williams were two different players. Because Ushijima had been trained by you. 

And you see Williams' face as a scowl plants itself in his face.

An idea suddenly appears inside you head. You called the team's attention. Someone like Andrei Williams was easy to read and you could tell from his expression. He was a player who loved grinding his opponent to dust. But he couldn't do that to you. So he'll most likely do it to the player that he feels most satisfied to destroy— the libero.