XIX: Girlfriends and Boyfriends

It has been a few months since you've last seen Ushijima.

He was a guy who chatted like how you would to your thesis adviser and always sends messages in such a straightforward manner that Norrie lost interest when she sneaked a peek at your chatbox.

He had told you a few days back that he was visiting the country and you waited for him after class. He was wearing a varsity jacket you weren't familiar with and he came to meet you at the gym.

You wave your hand as you look at his approaching figure. "Goliath!" You say with a grin and you see him smile slightly and nod. And as you keep looking at his face and overall appearance, you noticed it.

You realized how his demeanor had changed. His muscles were larger now, more developed. And you didn't like how he literally looked down to look at your face. After all, he looked like he could beat you up from the way he lowered his gaze to look at you. But not if you beat him up first.

Your puppy was growing into a dog and your brows furrow slightly as you look at him.

His face remained the same yet why did he look so different all of a sudden? You didn't want to pry but it must be something personal.

And if it was for the better or not, you just have to find out with volleyball after all.

He had grown as you expected. But he was rather excited to spike at your direction. Too eager, if you have to say.

And you shake your head as you received his spike, puffing out sigh. Receiving his spikes hurt now than the first time you did so. It didn't hurt to that degree yet. But he was getting there.

He was getting there. It was what you expected. And you mentally wrote down how you needed to visit two of your brothers. They were professional beach volleyball players and they'll be coming here soon so it was the perfect time to have your arms accustomed to the level Ushijima will soon be entering. If Ushijima had made it a goal to spike at the level that your arms could hurt, you just have to kick it up a notch too. You hated losing after all.

But strangely enough, Ushijima Wakatoshi was quieter than the usual and was actually looking at his phone during breaks.

It was strange and you were rather curious at who he was talking to.

So you peaked as he chatted, immediately seeing the message that was just sent to him.