🦅 LXXV: Boss Reveal (1)

There was no perfect player in volleyball. 

It was what they were taught ever since they started playing volleyball.

Somewhere, they'd be a gap, maybe a habit that makes it noticeable, some form of weakness.

And these players remember what their numerous coaches and mentors have said over the past about imperfect players.

Bullshit. That was bullshit.

It does exist. And apparently there exists one before them right now— Dumps do not work on you. Neither do serves or any type of combination attacks. They know power doesn't work too since even a spike from the most powerful canon in this camp was something you received without even breaking a sweat.

You were like a perfect shield whose domain extends to anything on the ground. And an attacker whose wings are made full use off. Sure, a big player was formidable. But a player who could make use of every muscle in her body to such an extent was something else entirely. 

And it was scary.

The gap was expected but even these highschool kids were being annoyed the more the match progressed. It wasn't just the outfit change, but your image as a formidable athlete was now properly being engraved in their heads.

The crows were running out of weapons. But your eyes beamed as you sense it.

Kageyama Tobio grins as he tossed the ball right at the palm of Hinata Shoyo's spike and your eyes focused on it. Finally. You were finally seeing the freak quick up close.

Fast. It was fast. Everyone knew it was fast. The freak quick works in a blink of an eye, praised for its speed, praised for the way it catches any blocker, any spiker, any receiver off guard.

But to think your eyes followed it all the way from the setter's hand to the palm that hits it. And the way you were already there in its trajectory made them flinched.

You grin as the ball hit the your forearms perfectly, Ushijima Wakatoshi shaking his head at the site. You received that as fast as the ball came in and it made the crowd roar.

Semi tosses the ball up, the setter still in a daze from watching that crazy receive. But their ace was already there to slam it down and the Karasuno blockers could only click their tongue at this free point.