🦅 LXXXIII: Prelude

"Clara-chan, I'm going to miss you... and your cooking." Yachi Hitoka says, teary-eyed and you blinked.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to Karasuno?" She says, sniffing and you have to answer.

"Hitoka-chan, I'm a college student."

"Didn't you already checked four times too?" Karasuno's captain asks their manager with a sigh and you could only laugh.

You smiled nervously as you looked at the lot of them.

Some players from other teams were asking each other's contact info. The captains were talking among themselves and surprisingly, even your doggo was in on the mix.

Ushijima Wakatoshi was being asked by the spikers and the athlete was replying in earnest.

That's right. It's a rare chance to talk to professional players. So seeing this scene was just right.  Who knows when will be the next time they'd be able to do this? So yes, this was just right. Players have to make the most of such a chance. You nod approvingly as you looked at them.

And another group seemed to have the same thing in mind as they look at the same view. "Oh wow. The kids are going at it." Tendo Satori looks at the site with a surprised and an approving expression.

Beside him, the Shiratorizawa alumni also watched as their former captain answers some questions from the young players. It felt like yesterday when only a handful of highschool students were able to muster up their courage to talk to the professional athlete.

Now, there was actually a lot more who were able to do so.

"I never thought I'd see the day when Wakatoshi would be able to talk to so many players." Semi couldn't help but say. 

Looking back at it, they've only seen their former captain be able to talk to players outside Shiratorizawa on very few occasions, the most notable one being his conversation with Sakusa Kiyoomi. But that was already some time ago and it looks like Ushijima Wakatoshi's days would be less silent now.

"Isn't this expected?" Reon muses.

"Yeah. Since wouldn't it be harder to talk to him as years go by?"

"Tell me about it."