IX: Preparations (2)

"You're studying Physics? You're under the sciences?" 

"You're actually smart?" 

"You don't look like you even study at all." "Are you sure you're in the right department?"

The questions all erupted like bullets and they all lined up nicely in a way that's asking to be hit. You wanted to hit them. Ushijima suddenly holds both your shoulders to keep you in place. It looked like he was stopping a cat from turning feral and you glared at him.  

"So you have to play with those dudes in your team?" they asked and you grimaced at the question. "You can only join in a maximum of three sports, you know." You said to them and you sighed. "I'm playing the singles for badminton, track and tennis this year." you declared and they looked at you, blatantly confused.

"Aren't those all unrelated?" they asked and you thought about it. "Probably." you said after a while and they had a facepalm expression.

"It must have been a while since you've played those sports anyway so you better practice." They said. You only grinned at them. "Who knows."  

Ushijima suddenly holds both your hands, examining them. "You..." he says, realizing the healed blisters on your fingers and you winked to shut him up. He seems like he gets the idea and he only nods. 

"Look what the cat dragged in... You're actually here?" You hear someone said and you turned to look at the direction. 

A girl with blonde hair smirks at you. She was wearing a varsity uniform for the sports departments and had her hair tied up in a ponytail. She had her arms crossed as she looks at you and you could tell she was trying to be menacing. She looks like she was waiting for some sort of reaction and the way your brows furrow as you look at her seems to make her pleased. But you only wanted to know one thing right now.

"Who in the world might you be?" You frown at her and a tick mark immediately appears in her head.

"It's me! Emma Jones! From the Sport Department! Your rival!" she declares proudly like a villain.

"Ha?" You look at her, confused. "You have a rival?" Ushijima asks and you shake your head. "I don't." You answer truthfully earning an appalled expression from this 'Emma Jones'.

"Don't play dumb with me! I have to get back at you for the humiliation you gave to our department 2 years ago!" she shouts and the field of your vision see Norrie walking by. She had just entered along with the humanities department and this confrontation was definitely something her eye wouldn't miss.