🦅 LXIV: A Starting Point

Suddenly, the crowd went wild when the Shiratorizawa's school idol and Girls' captain entered the court. She wore a smile as her fans looked adoringly at her. She was a pinch server and stepped back, in a distance for a jump serve and you remember what her specialty was.

Ahh. It was that glorified normal jump serve.

"I wonder why they're making her enter."

"I honestly want to root for the super pretty girl at the other team."

"Whaa~ I feel you. She's a good libero too. But it's Hanazono-san we're talking about here. Even Niiyama Girls' is pretty wary of her. Whaaa~ I hope she'll go easy on them."

The boys looked at the ace as they hears the crowd talk about it. They were half-worried yet half-curious at the same time. This would be the real opponent you'd encounter so far. So how would you fare so far?

The crowd suddenly went wild when the Girls' captain tossed the ball up and sent it flying. And you expected the direction it was going since it flew directly towards you almost as if it was an open challenge. And you only blink lazily when you saw it. 

You bet the noise will turn up a notch this serve was failed to be received.

But you really weren't a fan of satisfying crowds no matter what court you were in.

Especially when you intercepted her serve in the truest textbook definition of a receive. And even your teammates looked at you wide-eyed at how you received it the same way you've been receiving everything from the very start, as if it wasn't any different. 

The crowd suddenly went dead silent when you did so, and you only inwardly groaned, wanting to drag your feet out of here. Not out of boredom but because you were now going to start being branded as a bully.

You looked at the shocked expression of the Girls' captain, as well as her team. You have no common sense to know what was wrong but you were only relying on what your eyes could see for now. The captain looked like she wasn't expecting that. But didn't she watched what was happening on the earlier parts of the set? How would she not know you receive the same way you've always done so?

But truthfully, even if that was your current concern, you only really wanted to know one thing— you wanted to know why she was doing all of this. And your answer came when you see the Girls' captain's eyes wandered around the gym, looking past you in a stricken expression.

And contrary to your expectation, she actually wasn't looking at Ushijima or the audience. She was looking at the Niiyama Girls' High.