Chapter 17

Sadhvi's pov:

I spoke to Geetha for some time and hang up my call not before reminding her about tomorrow's plan.

I saw that it was already dark..... And went to dinner room to see my dad sitting on a chair and speaking to someone.
Oh now I got it.
He is inviting people for my marriage.
As there is no time for printing invitation cards and all we decided to to just give them a call.

My mom is preparing something lists....

May be she's having the list of relatives we are inviting for wedding.

In two days I will be a married woman.... Hope I don't make as my mistakes.
Actually I am feeling really awkward in this situation. To marry this early....

I casually shrugged my shoulders and sat on table.

Mom dad are really involved in all the invitation thing...
I cleared my throat to get their attention.

My mom raised her head as saw me questioningly.

I asked them to join me for dinner.

She said "You eat beta.... We still have many to invite.It will take time. "

I just kept my mouth shut and served my self some rice and curd in my plate.

I ate ghastly and washed my plate.

I was about to go to my room my mom said
"Sadhvi.... Be ready at 10:30 tomorrow.... We have to go to shopping. "

I said OK mom and slept on my bed hugging a pillow.

.
.
.
.
Buzzzzz buzzzzz

I woke up listening the sound of my alarm clock. Saw that it was already 8.

I remembered today's plans. So I took my favorite white chudidar with while netted dupatta.

And did my morning chores and came to loving room dressed.

I saw my mom serving breakfast for Krishna and dad.

I also sat beside them and had my food.

I went to my room after breakfast and saw that it is almost 10......so I looked myself in mirror and I look presentable.

I applied lip balm and took my mobile which is lying on bed. Started walking to living room while adjusting my dupatta.

My dad owns a bike... As we all are going to shopping we took a taxi and reached our destination.

We have chosen the biggest Shopping Centre of our town, AGK shopping street.

It consists of many shops selling almost all the items.

We firstly entered into Chennai silks shop.

As soon as we entered, the workers there greeted us by folding their hands. We just nodded and looked for my in laws.

We walked inside the shop and saw that niyati aunt and priya are looking through the clothes where as uncle is waiting patiently for them.

We all walked to them and I greeted them good morning with a smile lingering on my lips.

Aunty smiled and nodded but Priya being over excited she hugged me....

I awkwardly stood there.... I am not really good with these gestures.....

She released me and we all looked around thinkingwhere to start.

The salesgirl came and asked
"mam for which occasion you want to shop? "

My mom happily said "We want a Saree for my daughter. For her marriage. "while pointing her finger at me.

Salesgirl looked at me and smiled at me.... Which I returned.

She went and came back with a pile of sarees.

She started showing each Saree and explaining about it's work, border pallu and all.

I actually thought to buy only one Saree but seeing their excited faces I feel they will buy the whole shop.

As expected they selected nearly 10 stares.

And another 5 sarees which are silk sarees from that I have to select my Saree for marriage .

Another 10 are for wearing at any functions in future.

I looked at all 5 sarees.

First one is a green Saree with gold border I rejected it at first sight.... Because I feel green doesn't suits me.

Second one is white pattu Saree with golden Zari work. Saree is good but I think I will look like ghost.

Third one is blue..... I rejected it without even seeing it properly.

I always wanted to wear red or pink colour Saree for my wedding.

I turned to see forth Saree is pink coloured and fifth is red one.

I observed both.... I liked both of them. I couldn't decide on one.

So I showed both sarees to aunty and mom and asked them to select one for me.

My mom was observing both sarees once again, aunty said
"I liked both of them why don't we buy both of them...... You can wear the red one tomorrow and you can wear the other one for any celebrations. "

I looked at mom for her approval as I know that silk sarees are really costly.

But my mom nodded her head at approval.

So we totally took 12 stares for me and remaining all took each Saree for tomorrow.

After we celebrate out of the shop as if remembered by something auntie said
"Sadhvi beta.... I asked Sid to join us for shopping but he didn't.... Sorry beta you couldn't meet him before marriage. I know you may have some thing to speak with him. "

I said "No auntie it's okay..... I don't really have anything to say to him."

She nodded her head.

Suddenly uncle exclaimed
"Guys... Guess the time?? It is already 4 'O clock. This is the reason I don't want to come for women shopping. You guys even forget about food while shopping. "

Auntie snorted at uncle and said "So what? "

Uncle just shrugged his shoulders.

We all went to restraints and happily ate roti and paneer butter masala.
After that my dad uncle and Krishna left for buying their dresses. We didn't joined them.

As we have to go to a tailor for stitching our blouses.

We gave our measurements and paid extra money for giving them tomorrow only.

We informed him that we will send Krishna tomorrow to collect them.

We all left to our respective homes after saying good byes.

After coming home I laid on my bed for sometime as I was really tired today standing whole day.

Suddenly I remembered about Geetha....
The nerve of this girl, she promised to come with me. Even I forgot about that completely.
May be I was deeply involved in shopping today.

I opened my mobile and saw nearly 10 messages from Geetha.

I reads Sorry baby.... Suddenly mom said that relatives are coming to my house I had to cancel our plans

Don't be angry ok
I will buy you an ice cream as treat.

Sorry Savi.