chapter 25

Sadhvi 's pov:

I heard the sound of door knob..... I turned to see Siddarth entering the room.

Suddenly I felt nervous to face him..... What will we do?

Will he ask me to consummate our marriage??

If it is true then it is dreadful.....

I am not yet ready for that .

All I can do is hope that he will give me time.

My thoughts broke when I heard him questioning "Why are you standing out there? Aren't you cold? "

I nervously fidgeting my fingers answered "I..... I was ju... just roaming around. "

He just nodded his head and opened a door opening to his room.

I think it is wardrobe.

Maybe he was changing into something comfortable.
Then it hit my head.... I was still in my wedding attire.

After 10 minutes he came and said

"Change into something comfortable. Mom  kept your bags in the wardrobe.... You can arrange it tomorrow. "

I didn't want to stutter like previously  , so I cleared my throat and said "Okay. "

He turned to leave me in the closet but said
"On the second thought.... We will leave to college tomorrow so you will have to pack necessary things .So just remove things that are not needed for you instead of doing double work. "

I did not think like that.... It would be a waste if I had arranged my clothes in closet.

I walked into the closet only to be surprised..... I know that he had separate closet but I thought it was just a small room with a cupboard. I never expected it to be in the size of my room back at home.

I saw two bags kept at corner..... I grabbed a bag for clothes to change.

I searched through it and choose a loose white Kurthi with cotton pants.

I saw myself in mirror and gasped....

For all this time he saw me like this..... I look like a witch who woke up after 7 days.... With kolh marks near my eyes due to crying.... Smudged lipstick.

I totally look like a joker...... I doubt he will ever look at me twice after seeing me like this.

This thought made me sad.... Already I was average looking..... He saw me as a mess. Will he like me ever after this?

Uhhh.... What ever.... Already we are married. We are ought to live forever. I don't believe in divorce so there are only two options.

Either he will fall for me or we will just compromise and live together peacefully.

I changed my clothes and mentally noted to not think about these things which will not help me in sleeping peacefully.

I opened the door of closet and entered room to see Siddarth on bed. He was reading Hutchinson clinical manual for General Medicine.

I took slow steps..... As I thought not to disturb him because I have anklets to my legs which makes sound.

I saw a sofa.... I thought to sleep there... As it is still awkward between us.

Just as I reached sofa I heard the continuous knocking at door.

I went and opened to see Priya.

She was sobbing...... I didn't know what to do I just hold her hand and asked what happened.

"Bhabhi..... gr....grandma  passed away... "she said while sobbing.

Even my eyes started watering.
I know that grandma doesn't have many days but I didn't expected it to be this fast.

I was about to call Siddarth but I saw he was already there beside me..... A tear falling from his eye.

I just want to do whatever to take away the sadness from him.

He took a deep breath and said "Come on let's go to grandma. "

We immediately followed him.

I saw mom dad were in grandma's room crying holding her hand.

I stood beside mom.

I want to say her 'not to cry..... You have to take care of your health. '

But I really couldn't utter a word. I just felt loss of words.

I saw that it was already 12:45am.

"We have to inform our relatives"Dad said leaving us near Grandma.

One by one many people came to offer their condolence for our family.

As every one are there and mom was crying so I was offering guests water and drinks.... As they may be tired travelling.

I was just about to offer water for people who sat at corner I heard their conversation.

"Have you guys heard.... Neeraj married his son to a fat girl.... She is not even beautiful. I have always said that our Rita is perfect match for Siddarth. Our Rita is rich,beautiful,stylish.....she is all everyone want in a girl. This girl doesn't even seem to be not pretty but also brought bad luck with her.
You see just yesterday she was married.... Today morning itself aunty died. What a bad luck for Siddarth. He deserves better."

Hearing that words my hands started shaking.... I know I am not beautiful, rich, stylish..... I am complete opposite for those words. But Dad Mom already know about me before marriage. Here they are saying that I am a bad luck......i don't deserve Siddarth.

How ever I think their words.... I always felt I don't deserve him. He is as handsome as a model where as me..... I am no where near him.
May be I spoiled his life...

My eyes tear up..... Have I really spoiled his life...maybe even he expected his wife to be beautiful. Every man does that. May be he must be very dissapointed at his parents for choosing me. Even if he did not like me he did not had any other option other than me.... I mean not many will marry this early and also at this short notice.

Yeah.... He must have married me just to fulfill his grandma 's wish. Nothing more. What did I even expect?

I just want to run away from there. I rubbed my eyes as I don't want anyone to notice me.... I don't want to create a scene here.

I thought to rest for sometime in Siddarth 's room.

Just I was about to leave from there I felt a hand grabbing mine.

I turned to see who.....