chapter 81

Sadhvi's pov :

Today I didn't wait for my friends,I directly went to the EMERGENCY MEDICINE DEPARTMENT.

As soon as I entered there.......I saw a batch of nurses running in the ward bringing the medication and stuff to the patients.....few doctors were treating the patients.

Just then I heard a phone ring.....I looked around only to see a landline.

A nurse who was looking almost 40 years lifted the phone.She said something and cut the phone.

And she announced loudly
"Emergency!.....prepare a stretcher. A patient with severe abdominal bleeding is admitting in our hospital in 15 minutes."
With that wardboys and a nurse took the stretcher and went to the entrance .

A doctor who seems to be quite young.....may be he was in his 30s.
He hanged his stethoscope on his neck,wore his gloves and ran to the entrance.

I was just standing and watching all the process here.......

It is really looking like I am watching a drama based on doctors.

Honestly it was really fascinating to watch it.

"Sadhvi....."I heard someone calling me.
It broke my trance.

I looked around only to be Varun waving his hand to me.

I smiled acknowledging him.

He walked towards me.....

"Hey....Where were you so lost?" Varun asked me as soon as he stand beside me.

"No where....I was just watching them."I said pointing towards the entrance where all the doctors and nurses stood waiting for patient.

"Really......you looked like daydreaming." He said while laughing.

I scratched my neck in embarrassment.....

"No no...."i said not agreeing with him.

"Leave it.Why are you alone today? Where is Geetha?"he asked.

"I came here directly today. Maybe she will be here soon." I said.

He already knows that I am not staying in our college dormitory anymore.

He asked me the reason......
I just said that I am staying with my cousin as I was not liking here.
I mean like the environment.....I am feeling like trapped in a closed place.
I really said many lies for him to make him convinced with my words.

"Ok come on let's take a case in the mean time."he said.

"Wait Varun......there will be a patient in few more minutes. He is having abdominal bleeding. Let's see how he is treated.ok?"I asked him with excitement.

He chuckled and just nodding.
"Ok....let's go there and watch." He said signalling me to go near entrance.

But I was hesitating.
Because I am afraid if the doctor who stood there scolds us.....I mean they will say that we are causing disturbance and all.....not all but few doctors do that.As they will be busy they look at the students like a burden.

"What if they say we are causing some disturbance?" I asked Varun.

"Hey....we are not. We have to learn the stuff." He said while grabbing my hand and dragged me along with him.

"Varun....walk slowly." I said as he was walking really fast that I am missing my steps.

He slowed down.....but still walked holding my hand.