Chapter 6

Sadhvi's pov:

Sun rays fell on my eyes.

I slowly opened my eyes only to be blinded by the illuminating sun light.

I mentally scolded myself for not closing the windows.

Last night I had a peaceful sleep.
Uh-huh.... How I miss my room. If only my brother doesn't taunt me I would have loved to stay here even if my parents are not that supportive towards me.

My room consists of a single wooden bed ,a small bedside table. White walls covered with my favourite cartoon images which I stocked to walls when I was in 7th standard.
I was a huge fan of doraemon that I used to watch it nonstop. Even my school bags, pouches, water bottles used to have doraemon pictures.

Actually even now I watch it but not much as I used to watch those days.
My study table is full of my novels collection. My favorite is author chetan Bhagat. My classmate from school suggested me to read two states written by him.

I started reading it for time-pass, but I really liked the book. From then I used to save the pocket money which I receive sometimes. My father never gave me more money.

But I think it made me learn the importance of money.

My mother at first used to scold me for reading novels all day.But in this matter I never listened to her. She used to say that I have to play with children.....

If only she knows, that they make fun of me.... They bully me,they call me names.

And eventually my one and only little brother who used to be my life joined them and started mocking me.

My mother used to reprimand him not to say those words and started her lectures of using turmeric, Sunni pindi(a powder that enhances skin tone).

When I look at mirror I can see that I'm not dark..... My skin tone is just lightly tanned. Many are more darker than me but they used to mock only me.

Now they don't say all those things but those words are imprinted in my mind that they won't go away.

With all these things I started distancing myself from Krishna.
Even he never took a step to reduce the distance between us.

He thinks that women are the only one who should do household chores.

I can't blame him. I blame the society we are living.

My father runs a family business. It is related to supplying things to general stores.

He may not be most educated one but he should make my brother distinguish between good and bad things.

My mother never raises her voice in front of my father. I sometimes wonder is she the one who scolds me when I don't listen to her.

My chain of thoughts broke as my mom shouted... "What to do with this girl?..... How will she handle her in-laws house....here she is still sleeping when the time is almost afternoon. I pity your  husband"

Suddenly I felt a pair of grey eyes glaring at me...... I recognized them. They belong to the handsome stranger.

I immediately sat up on the bed.

Mentally cursed myself for thinking of him when my mom said husband.

My thoughts were interrupted by my mom as she said
"Are you not getting up? "

I climbed down from the bed and said "Good morning mom"

She scoffed and said "It will be afternoon in an hour. "

I saw the clock hanging on the wall, displaying the time as 11:00AM.

My eyes widened. I usually sleep early and wake up early.

I don't know why I slept for this much time.
May be exams tension took a toll on me.

I quickly went inside bathroom and did my morning chores.

After half and hour I entered the living room wearing white kurthi paired with black leggings.

My mom was watching TV. As usually she is watching her all time favorite soap operas  which are cringe worthy.

I don't know what she sees in that....... All that female lead do is crying for the scoldings she got from her mother in law.

I rolled my eyes at mom for not even noticing me.

I started walking in to the kitchen and searched for the breakfast.

Wow... My mom made Rotis......how I missed them in hostel.

I quickly grabbed a plate and served myself two rotis and spinach curry my mom prepared.
I walked out of the kitchen and sat on a chair and started munching my food.

I asked mom about my dad.

She said "He went to work and he'll be late as he want to meet his friend"

And then I asked about Krishna.

She replied "This boy..... He went to school. I don't know when he will become responsible. He had a test today and he forgot. And today morning he is sulking about that. God knows what to do with him. "

I gave a small smile and went to my room.

I walked towards the huge window from which I can see the children playing on roads. I smiled at them as few kids recognized me and waved at me.

I waved them back and sat on my study table and searched for any novels.

I gave up searching as I saw a pile of books. I need to rearrange them before my mom scolds me.

I took a deep breath and arranged them nicely.

After all this I settled on the bed and gave a call to Geetha.

I said "Hello madam.... Remember me? "

She scoffed and said "Drop your drama. It's  just been one day.
I think someone is missing me??? "
She said enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes and said "You wish.... "

She asked "What doing? "

I whined and said "I'm really bored Geetha"

She proposed "Let's meet up... "

I said "I have to ask my mom"

She said OK and I hang up the call.

I went to my mom and asked whether I can meet Geetha or not?

At first she narrowed her eyes saying you just certain yesterday.

I pleaded her saying I'm.  Bored and I will be back even before she realizes.

She sighed and said OK but come fast.

I did a mental dance and rushed out calling Geetha to meet at a park.