Chapter 34: Felix Felicis

Mia's POV

Horace Slughorn....Horcrux....Half blood prince....if a monster ever existed....Unbreakable vow...I was chosen....I have been mending it....it has a sister, a twin...I have to do this...or he is going to kill me....Avada Kedavara!

I woke up and saw the dorm was empty. Hermione and Ginny have probably left to their classes. It's the same dream all over again. Wonder what it is trying to convey! I got ready and went to the portions class. It was our first class of the term. I really miss the twins!
I entered the class and saw Hermione, Draco and others were already there. I was the last one to enter. Professor Slughorn saw me.

"And who might you be!?" he asked.

"I am Mia sir. Mia Anderson." I said.

"Oh! Miss Anderson, I have heard about you! Expecting great things from you!" he said.

"Thank you sir! I'll try to keep up to your expectations!" I said.

"Oh I know you will Miss. Anderson!" he said.
"Now attention to detail in preparation is the prerequisite of all planning." Professor was telling when I saw Harry and Ron enter the class. Professor turned back to see them.

"Ahh! Harry my boy. I was beginning to worry. We've brought someone with us, I see." Professor said.

"Ron Weasley, sir!" Ron introduced himself. "But I'm dead awful at Potion, a menace, actually!" he said. I noticed how Lavender was looking at him and how Hermione was glaring at Lavender.

"Nonsense! We'll sort you out!" professor said." Friend of Harry is a friend of mine. Get your books out!"

"I haven't actually got my book, nor has Ron!" Harry said. They were coming up with reason to skip this class.

"Get whatever you want from the cupboard!" professor said pointing at one of the cupboards.
"Now as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what it might be?" professor asked. Hermione and I raised our hands.
"Well well, this is good. Miss Anderson and Miss...?" professor asked.

"Granger sir!" Hermione said.

"Miss Anderson, you first." Professor said.

"This is the Veritaserum. It's the truth-telling serum." I said as I moved to the next cauldron.
"This would be polyjuice portion." I said.

"Very good, Miss Anderson. Miss Granger?!" professor said.

"Polyjuice potion....It's terribly tricky to make and this is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person, according to what attracts them. For instance, I smell, freshly mown grass and new parchment and spearmint toothpaste." Hermione said. Now I knew for sure, she was attracted to Ron.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't not create actual love. That would be impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession and for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." Professor said.

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one!" Katie asked.

"Oh, yes! What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion know as Felix Felicis. But is more commonly known as..." professor was saying.

"Liquid luck!" Hermione and I said.

"Yes! Liquid luck. Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you'll find that all your endeavors succeed. At least until the effects wear off. So this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who, in an hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable draught of living death, the recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books. I should point out however only once did a student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim the prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence." Professor said.