Chapter 67: The Battle

Fred's POV

I walked through the Great hall, hoping to see anyone, either Ann or Georgie or someone. I just hope everyone is fine. I saw everyone was standing in a corner, everyone except Ann and Georgie. They were tensed. I didn't want to hear any bad news.

"Mum? Dad!? Where's Ann!? And Georgie!?" I asked.

"We couldn't find them dear, we are still searching for them!" mum said with tears in her eyes.

"Wh-what do you mean 'still searching'!?" I asked.

"Fred! Why don't we go looking for them okay!?" dad said. I nodded. I didn't want to lose any of them. Both were equally important for me. We continued to search for them but we didn't see any of them. I began to get impatient.

"FRED!!" I heard Percy call me.

"Percy! These two idiots! I-I can't find them anywhere!" I said.

"They are back at the Great Hall!" he said.

"Oh thank god! Come on let's go!" I said pulling him and moving forward. But he didn't come, he stood where he was. I looked at him, he was in tears.
"Percy? What's wrong!?" I asked.

"I'm sorry!" he said.

"Sorry for what!?" I asked, completely tensed.

"Percy what happened!?" dad asked.

"Roxanne...she..." he was telling. My eyes started welling up. "Freddie..." he said again but I turned back and began running towards the Great Hall.
I entered the Great Hall and saw my family at the same corner they were before. I noticed mum was sitting on the floor and everyone was standing around someone. I walked towards them.

"Ann!?" I said standing behind Charlie.

"Freddie!" Charlie said turning around. Everyone looked at me and moved aside. I saw Georgie was holding Ann. My hands started shivering rapidly than ever before. I couldn't even hold my wand, I dropped it.

"Freddie...I'm really..." Georgie was telling, I knelt down before her.

"Hey love! It's me Freddie!" I said softly, brushing the hair off her face. Her face was pale and cold. I took Ann from Georgie and sat down. I noticed Georgie's hand was red with blood.
"Ann! It's Freddie! Please open your eyes!" I said holding her. Percy came and knelt down next to me, while Georgie knelt down in front of me.

"Freddie she's..." Percy was saying.

"NO! She's not! She'll wake up! You'll see!" I said. "Hey...you remember we spoke about going back to the forest and the lake!? We can go now! Spend as much time as we want! We can do that now!" I said. "Ann! It's not funny! I maybe a prankster but pranking like this on me is not nice!" I said as the tears blurred my vision.

"Freddie..." Georgie was saying.

"Shut up Georgie!" I said looking at him.

"She was pregnant!" he said. Tears rolled down my cheek. I turned to her.

"Ann! I even thought of names! Freya if it is a girl, Conrad if it is a boy! What do say about that!?" I said forcing a smile on my face. "Ann! You can change it if you don't like it!"

"Freddie..." Bill said.

"Ann! Please! Tell me something...yes or no something Ann! Please!" I said. I didn't want to accept the fact that she had died. No one said anything, there was silence."Ann!" I said slightly shaking her. Tears started streaming down my face and I didn't even try to stop them from falling because I knew it was of no use.