Chapter 5: Triwizard Tournament

Fred's POV

We started running, trying to make our way through the crowd, towards the portkey just as dad had told. I held Ann's hand tight so I won't lose her.
I didn't want to lose her! Not her! I fancied her actually, though I knew she didn't feel the same! She would have obviously seen me as her elder brother.

Somehow I lost grip on her hand in the crowd! I had lost her! How stupid could I be?!

I told George to stay with Ginny near the portkey.

"FRED! FRED!" I could hear her voice, but she was nowhere in sight.

"ANN!!ANN!!" I started at the top of my voice! "MIAA...." I screamed my lungs out!!
I never actually called her Mia, except the few days after we met, but it felt good calling her Mia. But none of that mattered now, I had to find her.

I finally found her. She was unconscious. I lifted her up in my arms and started running towards the portkey.

"Fre...Fre..." She tried to speak out, but she couldn't. It killed me to see her like that.

"It's ok! I'm so sorry! You will be fine! I'm here! I'm here!" I said.

We reached the portkey with Ann in my arms. Everyone was already there and we finally went back to the Burrows. I laid her on the couch with at most concern! I didn't want anything to happen to her. Mum had a look to her to see if there were any injuries. There were minor injuries but nothing serious.
It was good to hear nothing serious had happened to her. I couldn't live with myself if something would have happened to her, after all it was me lost her in the crowd in the first place.

Mia's POV

The last thing I remembered was going black! Then Fred had found me! He was carrying me and running! He said something I couldn't quite hear it! Then I woke up at the Burrow, felt like I had been knocked out hours!

"She's up!" a voice said.

I opened my eyes, adjusting to the light. I saw George sitting in front of me and Fred had slept beside me. Fred woke up and hugged me. It felt good! Molly too hugged me, she seemed tensed! "Mia dear, so glad you are ok! Come on now dinner ready" she said and left.

"Don't you EVER scare me like that!" Fred said as soon as Molly left.

"YOU were scared? I was knocked down by some git and thought I was gonna die!" I said.

"Don't you leave me again! No MATTER WHAT !" he said placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Now if you lovebirds are done! We can have our dinner!" George said with a smirk.

"Yeah, we are coming" Fred said, while I sat there wondering why George was calling us "Lovebirds" out of nowhere!!

"Don't worry! He is just being an idiot! Why on earth would anyone thinks of us as lovebirds?!" he told me!

Gosh! He always does that! He leaves me wondering whether I spoke my thoughts out loud!

"Yeah right" I said and both went to dinner!

We had our dinner and we tucked into our beds! We were to go back to Hogwarts the next the day. I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face thinking about Freddie.

-------------------------------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY

The next day we were off to Hogwarts! We got on to the Hogwarts express and the Twins and I were in a compartment. I was sitting next to Fred and George sat across us. I eventually fell asleep on Fred's shoulders!

We were sitting the Great hall. Professor Dumbledore started telling us about the Triwizard Tournament, that Hogwarts was chosen this year to host it and that Hogwarts would be home to other students too.

"Brilliant" the twins said in unison. What were to up to now??

"Now lets welcome the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic", Professor Dumbledore said.
A group of ladies walked in with light blue frocks. They were beautiful. The Twins were staring at them. I didn't quite like it. I nudged Fred with my elbow, pulling his attention away from the ladies. George smirked looking at me, probably he could see the jealousness.

But I wasn't jealous, was I? I only didn't like it the way he looked at them!

Then the Durmstrang entered. Viktor Krum, the most famous seeker too came. All was settled when Mr. Barty Crouch said that students under the age of 17 were not allowed to participate in the competition. The students below 17 were not happy with this decision and there was commotion in the hall

"That's rubbish! They don't know what they are doing!" the twins yelled in unison.

I was happy with this decision actually! The Triwizard tournament was dangerous and many had died. At least that way I wouldn't lose any of my best friends!

"You are not serious about getting into the completion, are you?!" I asked the twins.

"Hell yeah we are serious!" they said in unison.

Oh god! What are they going to do now! No matter what they do, they mustn't get into this competition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE COMMON ROOM

It was midnight and I couldn't sleep. My mind was preoccupied with the thought of the twins getting into the competition!
What if something happened to them? Both wereequally important for me! Both were my best friends! I couldn't lose them! 
 I decided to down to the common room. When I did I saw a red-haired boy was sitting in front of the fire.

Fred's POV

I was sitting in the common room, planning of a way to get into the competition. I heard someone coming down the stairs. I turned around to see Ann standing there. She took one look at me and turned back to walk into her dorm.

"Hey Ann! Wait up!" I said as she turned away from me.

I continued calling out to her, but she paid no heed to me. I ran past her and stopped her.

"What's the matter with you?! Couldn't you hear me calling you?!" I asked her.

She didn't look at me. She continued to stare the floor.

"Come on! Look at me" I said lifting her chin with my finger.

She was in tears! Why was she crying?! Had someone told her something?! A thousand questions raised in my mind!

"What's wrong Ann?!" I asked her.

"Do you really have to get into that competition?!" she asked trying to sound angrily, but I knew she was only concerned.

"Ann..." I continued to say, but she walked away from me, disappearing into one of the rooms.

I had just made her cry!! I never knew she was concerned about me (us actually)! I didn't even know she would think about me! For the first time, I started having second thoughts about what I was doing! Of course I couldn't tell George not to participate in the competition, but I didn't wanted to hurt Ann too!

Wonder what's going to happen!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it!
Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote!