Chapter 72: Reunited

Third person POV

Fred Weasley kept his promise to his twin brother, George Weasley. He used the resurrection stone only on one day, that was on the day he and his wife, Roxanne(Ann) got married. Although he wanted to use the stone every single day, he did not. He knew the story of the 'Three Brothers' and the mental dangers that came with using the stone

Molly Weasley told him to remember the good times he had spent with her, rather than the day of the war and her untimely death. He developed the habit of writing everything in a dairy, just like his wife did. He used the stone only on the day of their wedding. Every year, he would desperately wait for this day so that he could see his wife. As much as Fred always wanted a family of his own, he was more than happy to be with his sibling's children. Roxanne Weasley, brought joy into the lives of the twins once again, who were devasted with the lose of a best friend, a sister and a wife.

As depressed as the passing away of Ann made Fred felt, that she hid the fact about her pregnancy, Fred never regretted meeting Ann and he definitely never regretted marrying her. Referring to her as his wife made him happy.

Fred never remarried. He never saw a need to. He knew he couldn't love anyone the way he loved Ann and he also knew that no one could love him the way she did. He passed away in sleep at the age of seventy eight. The previous night he had used the resurrection stone as it was the day they had got married. He looked at the stone for a very long time, wanting to use it again, but he fell asleep holding the stone in his hand. He woke up the next morning and spotted his beautiful wife.

"Okay...Georgie's going to kill me now!" he said sitting up and looking at her. Something was different about her. She looked more realistic and not hologramic.

"And why is that!?" Ann asked with a chuckle, standing up and sitting next to him on his bed.

"It was just yesterday that I used the stone!" he said.

"That's okay! I'm sure he'll give some concession!" she replied with a smile. They looked into each other's eyes for sometime.

"You know there's something different about you today!" he said.

"Always a tone of surprise!" she said with a smile.

"You know...I am dying to hold you in my..." he was saying as he tried to tuck her hair behind her ear. Usually his hands go right past her, but today he could touch her, feel her.
"Ann...how is this...?" he trailed off. He was shocked. He moved closer to Ann who was sitting right right to him.

"Freddie...it's okay!" Ann said holding his hands. He could feel her hands. He was in tears, he had been waiting to hold her again. "Hey...it's okay! I'm here" she said, cupping his face in her hands. Fred took a moment to realize what had actually happened.

"I just died didn't I?" he asked looking at her.

"Yes Freddie!" she said looking at him with atmost love, care and concern she had towards him all those years. He was so happy to hear those wards. He immediately pulled her into a tight hug. 

"Finally!" he said under his breathe.

"Freddie..." Ann was saying when he stopped her.

"Shh...don't say anything! You don't know...you have no clue of how long I have been waiting to hold you again!" he said as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"I know Freddie! I do!" she said hugging him. "Freddie! It's okay! I'm here okay!? And I promise I'll not leave you again I promise!" she said resting her face on his chest.

"Ann! I might have died...but I am happy! I get to be with you! That's all I wanted all these years! To be with you Ann! Now I can be with you! Forever, love!" he said pulling away from the hug and delicately holding her face in his hands.

"I love you Freddie!" she said.

"I love you too Ann! Then, now and forever! I promise!" he said pulling her into a fragile hug.
"I love you Roxanne Weasley!"

"You know you can tell my full name right!?" she said with a chuckle.

"I could but it's too long! These two sum up everything, one you are your parent's daughter, the other, you are my wife!" he said with a smile.

"Idiot!" she said with a giggle. He too chuckled. "I love you Fred Weasley!"

"I know, love!" he said dipping his head down slightly, pulling her into a gentle kiss as they melted into each other.
They were reunited. They would now be together forever and nothing could break them apart this time.