Chapter 11: The Yule Ball

"Mia! Mia!" Today was the Yule Ball. We had to buy our dresses." Hermione was waking me up.

"What is it Hermione?! Let me sleep!" I told her.

"Fine! I will just tell Fred that you want to sleep for some more time", she said.

"FRED!? He is asking for me?!" I asked her, sitting on my bed, with my eyes wide open.

"Good you woke up! Come on now, get ready! We have to go to Hogsmeade!" she said.

"What about Fred?!" I asked her.

"She was just joking you dimwit!" Ginny said.

"Why are we going to Hogsmeade?" I asked

"To buy our dresses for the Ball, you silly!" Ginny said.

"Oh yeah! It totally slipped out of my mind! Mum said she would send me a dress!" I said.

"And you couldn't tell this earlier!?" Hermione said.

"Sorry" I said with a smile.

We went down to the Great Hall, where we parted. Hermione and Ginny were on their way to Hogsmeade, while I walked into the Great Hall. I saw Fred, George and Lee sitting and I walked over to them and sat opposite to the boys.

"Morning you guys!" I greeted them.

"Morning Ann!" George and Lee said.

"A very good morning, love!" Fred greeted me, with a beautiful smile.

"LOVE? Where did that come from?!" George asked Fred and looked over to me. I could feel my cheek turn a shade of pink. I put my head down and began eating.

"Excited for the Ball, Fred?!" I heard a girl's voice. I looked up to see, it was Angelina!

"Umm yeah, kinda, but I am nervous too!" Fred said.

"Ok Freddie! I got to go! Get ready for the Ball!" she said ruffling his hair.

I wanted to punch her in the face! Nonetheless I kept quite! George looked at me and started laughing.

"Whatt?! I asked him.

"You are jealous!" he said.

"I am not!" I shot back.

"Yes you are!" he said.

"Am not! " I said.

"Hey Ann.... Isn't it your owl!?" Fred asked me, while George and I were having a childish argument.

It was Nova, my owl. She had brought a package. I caught the package. It said

"Dear Mia,
This is the dress I selected for the Yule Ball. Hope you like it!
(Ps: if you do not like it, you can always go to Hogsmeade and choose a dress of your choice, I have sent some money along with this)
Love,
Mum."

"What is it Ann?!" Fred asked.

"My dress, for the Ball!" I said.

"Well, come on open it!" He said.

"No! It's going to be a surprise!" I said.

"Seriously!?" he said.

"Oh yeah! See you at the Ball!" I said as I left the Hall.

I went back to the common room and opened the package. It was a dark blue gown, simply yet elegant! Mum always knows my style!

I tried on the dress and it fit perfectly in my curves! It was dark blue gown!