Chapter 60: Despair

Fred's POV

It's been so long and there is no news of Ann. Bill sent a patronous to dad explaining what happened and to send a reply if she went there. I am losing my patience and I am scared. We were sitting in the living room when we heard a sound outside. Someone had come. All of us walked out and saw it was Dobby with Luna and Ollivander, the wand maker.

"Master Weasley! Your brother told Dobby about this place. So Dobby brought them here! Dobby needs to go back and help the others! Let them stay here!" Dobby said.

"Okay!" Bill said. Dobby disapparated.

"Pleaze! Come inside!" Fleur said.

"Luna! I know it's not the right time! But was Ann there with you!?" I asked Luna.

"No Fred! I did not see her! It was only Harry and Ron!" she said. I didn't know what to do. I don't know where she went and I didn't know where I should search for her.
"Why? Isn't she with you!?" she asked.

"Luna right?! Why don't you come inside! Probably not the right time to speak to him!" Charlie said and took her inside.
Georgie stood next to me as I continued to stare at the sea.

"What am I supposed to do!? Where do I look for her!?" I said, thinking where she would have gone. "When she said 'they'... whom did she mean!?"
Georgie didn't say anything. I looked at him. He was in tears.
"Georgie!?" I said. I knew he wanted to tell me something. "What is it!?" I asked.
He gave me a coat and a necklace with a ring. It was the promise ring I had given to Ann and coat too was her's.
"Georgie...how? How did you get this!?" I asked.

"Charlie! He got it when he went looking for her!" he said handing it over to me. I took it from him and looked at it for some time when we saw a few people near the bank.
We ran towards them. I searched for Ann. But I couldn't see her. I saw Ron was holding on to Hermione and Harry, to Dobby. Ron saw me. Dobby had died.

"Freddie! I'm sorry Ann...she...she couldn't...we couldn't..." he said.

"Let's get you all inside first!" I said helping Hermione up, on whose hand the word 'Mudblood' was etched on, just like on Ann's. Ron and Georgie were surprised at my reaction.
We went inside. Harry buried Dobby and walked into the house. Everyone was sitting at the table. No one was ready to speak about Ann. Even I kept quiet, holding the coat and the ring Georgie gave me.

"Ron...Harry! Where's Ann!? What happened!?" Georgie asked.

"Georgie keep quiet!" I said.

"What do you mean 'keep quiet' Freddie!?" he asked.

"If you want to speak about Ann...I'll leave the room! Then you can speak!" I said standing up.

"What's wrong with you!? DON'T YOU ATLEAST WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!?" he yelled at me. I didn't say anything but turned away from them, facing the window.
"FREDDIE!!" he said pulling me to face him.

"I AM DYING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AS MUCH AS YOU ARE! BUT I CANNOT TAKE IT WHEN ONE OF THEM SAYS SHE DEAD!" I yelled back at him. I took a deep breathe.
"I-I'm sorry! But I can't take it Georgie!" I said.

"Fred! She didn't die!" Harry said.

"What!?" I asked.

"She didn't die!" Ron said.

"They took us to Malfoy manor and then ..." Harry was telling.

"So you were at Malfoy Manor!?" Georgie asked.

"Yeah and then..." Ron began explaining when I interrupted him.

"Wait Ron...was Scabior there!?" I asked as I walked towards him.