Chapter 10: The Dance Class

The next day, some of the classes in the schedule was removed because we had the "DANCE CLASS"!
I mean seriously!? DANCE??!
All the Gryffindors had to come to a particular hall where Professor McGonagall would take the dance class for us. Basic free style would be better but it just had to be WALTZ!

We all gathered at the room we told to. The boys were on one side of the room while the girls were on the other side.

"The Yule Ball has been the tradition of the Triwizard tournament since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost, a dance." Professor said.

There was an excited chattering in the hall, but I rolled my eyes, because a "Ball" was too disgusting!

"Silence!" the professor said! And there was silence.

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries.
I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." She said and continued saying, " Now, to dance is to let the body breathe.
Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight. Inside every boy, a proud lion prepared to prance." She said. I let out a smile, at what she said!

Then she turned towards Ron and asked him to join her in the dance! He was dumfounded to dance with a teacher! He walked over with her hesitantly and placed his hand on her waist as she told and started waltzing with her. I could see Harry was telling something to the twins! Basically they were making fun of him.

"Come on everyone! On your feet!" Professor said.

Most of the girls stood and were ready to dance, while I sat there, slouching.

"No one asked you, did they?!" Fred asked. I lifted my head to see he was staring right down at me.

"No" I said looking at the pairs dancing in the hall.

I kept quiet and didn't say anything. I saw George was dancing with someone, I couldn't quite see who it was.

"What?!" I asked Fred looking at him, who was still standing there.

"You are not going to sit there all day, are you?!" he asked.

"Oh yes I am!" I said, sounding confident. Fred rolled his eyes

" Come on Ann!!" pulling me with his firm grip. It took a moment to realize he had actually pulled me onto the dance floor.

The force with which he had pulled me, has caused me to lay my hand right on his shoulders and his  hand moved down to my waist, sending chills down my spine. We had never been so close to each other. The fingers of one of my hand, was interlocked with his, while my other was on his shoulders. I looked into his eyes and he did the same. It felt like we were the only one in the room! I could look into those amazing eyes forever! We waltz together the whole time and then the music stopped. But we were still in the same position, holding hands, looking into each other's eyes. Harry was sitting and watching us the whole time.

"About time, Fred!" Harry said, while Ron and George walked towards Harry, looking at us.

Fred and I parted. We stepped back, unsure of what to do or what to say.

"I...umm...I better...I guess... I better get going!" I managed to tell, pointed at the door.

"Umm...yeah...maybe...I guess I will...see you later then!" he said. I had never seen him splutter like that.