Chapter 49: Saint-like

It was an ambush...I told you to be careful...The minister of magic is dead...Guys! No!! This is our fight...Mad-eye's dead!...I'm sorry, but who are you!?...How are you feeling Georgie...We've been betrayed!

"ANN!!" I heard Ginny calling me. "What happened!?"

"It's an ambush! They are waiting for them!!" I said. I didn't want to tell her about Georgie.

"Look it's Hagrid!!" Ginny said. We waiting for them to come near the Burrow.

"Harry! Hagrid!! What happened!?" I said walking towards them.

"Where are the others!?" Molly asked.

"No one else is back!?" Harry asked.

"They were on us right from the start Molly. We didn't stand a chance!" Hagrid said.

"Well...thank goodness you both are alright!" Molly said.

"The Death-Eaters were waiting for us! It was an ambush!" Hagrid said.
Ginny and I walked towards Harry.

"Ron and Tonks should've already been back!" Ginny said.

"Mr. Weasley and Freddie as well!" I said.
Then we heard a whooshing sound. We saw Remus with a person whose one side of his face was covered in blood. The polyjuice portion had still not worn off but I knew it was Georgie! I had seen it.

"Georgie!!" I said as I ran towards him.
Harry and Remus brought him inside the house and Remus laid him on the couch. I knelt down beside him, holding his hand, which was covered in blood. I didn't mind that his hand was covered in blood and now mine.

"Oh my boy!" Molly said running over to us.
Remus shove Harry against the wall and asked him something, but I was more focused on Georgie, who was now missing an ear.

"I told you to be careful!" I said as I carefully brushed his hair away from the wound. He held my hand tighter as he winced. It probably hurt him.
"Sorry" I said.

I was inside with Georgie, who had closed his eyes and continued to lay on the couch. No one else was back. I would sometimes look at the door to see if anyone entered, Freddie in particular.
Then Mr. Weasley came in and so did Freddie, who ran towards us and knelt down beside me.

"How are you feeling Georgie!?" Freddie asked.

"Saint-like", Georgie whispered weakly.

"Come again!" Freddie said, confused.

"Saint-like. I'm holy. I'm holey Fred! Get it!?" he explained with a weak smile. A smile spread across our faces.

"The whole wide world of ear-related humor and you go for 'I'm holy'! That's pathetic!" Freddie said with a chuckle.

"Reckon I'm still better looking than you!" he said with a smile. No matter in what condition these two are, they will never stop arguing about who is more good-looking.

"Sure you are! Now stop speaking!" I said. Freddie looked at me.
"What!? He won't stop speaking once you start talking about who is more good-looking!"
Freddie smiled and pulled me closer.

"Mad-eye's dead!" Bill said. "Mundungus took one look at Voldemort and disapparated!"
All of us kept quiet. Molly cleaned the blood off Georgie and wrapped a bandage around his head and ear. He removed the jacket he was wearing, it was stained with blood and he laid down on the couch. Dinner was ready, but Georgie and I stayed in the living room. Freddie went to get us some food.

"Ann!" Georgie called me.

"What is it Georgie!?" I asked.

"You are not supposed to be worrying about me so much!" he said.