Chapter 69: Funeral

THE NEXT DAY

Fred's POV

I woke up early in the morning. The sun was not up yet. My head was aching terribly. I saw Georgie had fallen asleep on the chair resting his head on the table. I covered him with the blanket. I sat on the window sill, thinking about Ann and then my mind drifted to wondering what happened yesterday. Then I remembered everything, what I told George. I know I shouldn't have said those things, he must have felt horrible. I looked at the window and saw they had dug the ground next to her mum's grave. Then I realized today was Ann's funeral. A tear rolled down my cheek when I realized what today was. I slowly walked down. I saw no one was awake yet. I made myself some hot coffee to help with the headache. I finished drinking the coffee and went back to Ann's room. I saw her dairy on the table. After a lot of thinking, I finally took the dairy and went to the last page she had written.

Hey Freddie!
I know you are reading this dairy now! I have kept another dairy on your bed! Please read it!

Another dairy? This was the only one she was writing! I thought to myself. I went to my room and saw Lee was sleeping on George's bed. I walked to my bed and saw a dairy on the bed. I took the book in my hand, but I don't know why I didn't want to read it. I kept it back on my bed and went to my cupboard, searching for some dress. I saw the coat which I wore when I went to a party at her place in the holidays after her third year. Her dad had brought it for me, of course it was her selection though, her father only paid for it. I decided to wear it. I hadn't worn it for a long time. I took bath and got ready. I went down and outside, near the lake where I saw they had dug the ground.

"Morning!" I heard Georgie from behind.

"Oh! Umm hey! Morning!" I said. "When did you wake up!?"

"You read the dairy and left! Now I see you're all ready!" he said.

"Yeah! seems like I was the first to get ready! I was the first to get ready for my wife's funeral! What do you say about that!?" I said. He didn't say anything.
"George! I'm sorry about yesterday! I was drunk and..." I was saying.

"It's okay Fred! But just know this! She loved you a lot! She would have never loved me the way she loved you! She...the bloody idiot didn't even worry that she was dying! Even till the very end, the only thing, she ever thought about was you! What else do you need to know that she loved you?!" he said.

"George...I know that she loved me! It-it was the alcohol saying those things...not me! Of course I know she loved me! I was the reason she agreed to look at her sister, remember?!" I said.

"It might have been the alcohol saying those things...but it definitely was in your mind!" he said and walked away from me.

"George! Come on!" I said. He didn't pay any heed to me. I was already going through a lot and now this. I saw Bill, Charlie and Fleur were coming towards me.
"I was drunk! Was that my fault!?" I said.

"Who asked you to get drunk in the first place!?" Charlie said.

"Charlie!" Bill and Fleur said together.

"What!? Really! There were other ways! Drinking and getting drunk wasn't the only option!" Charlie said.

"You are speaking as though it was my fault! I just lost my best friend, my wife, whom I loved a lot! What was I supposed to do!?" I said with tears in my eyes. I turned away from them. "I'm already going through a lot! It won't be easy for me to go back to how I was! I know I will not be the same guy I was before but atleast he can speak to me! He just walked away!"

"Well you did a few thingz which might be difficult for him to digezt!" Fleur said.

"I didn't mean all that!" I said.