Chapter 42: Butterfly Effects

Mia's POV

"He didn't choose Professor! He had no choice!" I said and left his office.

I walked into the Gryffindor common room and saw Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were sitting there. I didn't want to speak to them so I walked towards the stairs.

"What's wrong with you!?" Ron asked. I stopped but didn't turn around.
"After all he had told all these years...he wanted to help him!?" he said.

"He would have died! Besides it wasn't me who helped him... it was Snape" I said as I turned around.

"Freddie was wrong! He shouldn't have got engaged to you! He shouldn't have asked you to marry him!" he said. My heart dropped when I he said that. My eyes began to tear up.

"It's his choice! He can still break the engagement if he wants!" I said with tears in my eyes and walked out of the common room. It's only been days since we got engaged and we are already speaking about breaking the engagement.
I went into the Room of Requirement and sat in front of the Mirror of Erised for hours. I saw everyone, Freddie, mum, dad, Georgie, Molly and the others. I laid on the floor, crying my heart out.

"You didn't tell me that you and Freddie got engaged!" someone said. It was Lee.

"Leave me alone Lee!" I said turning away from him.

"I would but I too want peace!" he said.

"What do you...come to the point Lee!" I said irritated.

"Freddie's here!" he said.

"Fr...Freddie's here!?" I asked sitting up. My hands began to shiver. How did he get here so soon? Why did he come?
"H-how and w-why did he...?" I was asking.

"It isn't just him...Even George is here!" he said kneeling down before me, holding my hands, which wouldn't stop shivering.
"Whatever you've done is not a mistake Ann...trying to help a person...even if he was a Slytherin isn't wrong!" he said. My eyes began to tear up.

"How long have I been in here!?" I asked.

"For more than 4 hours! Approximately! They arrived here about an hour ago....and we were already searching for you....you weren't there even on the map! Freddie freaked out when we told him you were missing! Then Hermione told you might be the Room of Requirement. They are in our dorm...if they are seen by anyone then it would be a problem so I asked them to stay in the dorm!" he said.

"I don't want to come Lee!" I said crying.

"Come on Ann!! It isn't your fault! He only just wants to speak to you! Besides he is already engaged to you...it isn't like he is going to break the engagement!" he said. I began to cry more.
"It's okay Ann! Speak about this today and you'll never have to speak about it again!" he said. I nodded and stood up and we went towards the common room. We entered the room and Ginny embraced me in a hug.

"Where were you!? I was so scared! Even Freddie... he freaked when he got to know you were missing!" she said hugging me.

"Y-you...aren't angry...with me!?" I asked.

"No...you were only trying to help...nothing wrong in that!" she said pulling away from the hug. She noticed my hands were shivering.
"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Freddie!" I said, as tears rolled down my cheek.

"He won't say anything! Don't worry! Don't think about Ron said!" she said.
Lee and I walked up to his dorm.

"I don't want to go in Lee!" I said turning away from the door.

"Shut up and come inside!" he said pulling me inside.
We went inside and I saw Fred and George were speaking. My hands began to shiver more, so I holding my hands.