Chapter 30: Veracity

Fred's POV

It's been more than two weeks and there is no news about Ann. Days are very difficult without her. Every minute, every second feels like hours. I hardly get some sleep. Nor do I eat much. But George makes sure I eat because Ann had asked him to look after me. I try not to cry but sometime it just bursts out. Hermione came home yesterday.

I woke up in the morning and went down to the kitchen to drink some water and something to eat. I saw everyone was in the kitchen.

"Hungry dear!?" mum asked.

"Umm yeah I could eat something." I told mum. "Any news about Ann?" I asked dad.

"No." dad said.

"Fred...don't you think..." Hermione started saying.

"What?" I asked.

"It's been more than two weeks Fred!" she said.

"Come to the point Hermione!" I said.

"What she means is Freddie.... Do you actually think she would have survived till now!?" Ron started saying.

"What do you mean!?" I asked.

"I think it's time to face the truth Fred!" Hermione said.

"No! she's alive! Remus said they need her alive!" I said. I knew what Hermione wanted to say.

"Freddie..." George said.

"What??! You think the same!?" I asked him.

"No Freddie... they need her alive... that's okay... but the question is...can she survive?!" George said. What George said was actually true!

"I can't believe it!! You are actually ready to accept the fact that she is..." I stopped telling.

" 'Accept the fact' " Ginny said, repeating what I had just said. How did that even come out of my mouth!

"That's enough! Let him eat!" mum said as she placed the plate on the table.

"I need some air!" I said and walked out.

I walked out of the house and took a deep breathe. Was she actually dead?! Why did I even think like that!? I walked next to the lake and looked at the grave. I saw someone laying on it. Who could it be? And why would they lie on a grave? I took out my wand and walked towards the grave.

"Who are you?!" I asked as I walked slowly towards the grave. There was no response. I walked closer and saw the person was wearing red and black robes. It looked like Gryffindor robes. The upper part of the person was covered with a shawl. The person looked familiar, someone I knew. Black curly hair, a fair complexion, similar to Ann, but it wasn't Ann, she wasn't so thin. She was skinny but no so skinny. I saw someone had conjured new flowers on the grave. I knelt down. I knew who it was. It was Ann, but I wanted to be sure. I removed the hair off the face and was shocked to see, it was Ann.

"ANN!" I said as pulled into my arms and looked for wounds.
There were so many wounds on her face and a writing on her hand. It said 'Blood traitor'! How can someone be so cruel!? She was still breathing!
I lifted her up and ran into my house.

"MUM!!" I shouted as I entered. I walked towards the couch.

"What is it Freddie dear!? She asked, then she saw Ann, " Oh dear! Lay her down!" she said.
I laid her down on the couch and knelt down next to her. She had grown too thin! Obviously she hadn't been eating. The others walked into the room

"Fred!! Where did you find her!!?" Hermione asked.

"On her mum's grave!" I said.

"What!?" George, Ginny and Ron asked together.