Chapter 17: Grief-Stricken

Mia's POV

I used the floor powder and got into my home. Mum was not there. I saw things were scattered around the house. They were broken. Then suddenly I heard someone shouting from upstairs. It was not Mum. I slowly walked up the stairs. The photos which were hung on the wall, were shattered on the floor. I knew something was up. I took out my wand. I had no idea of what I was up against.

"Now tell me dear little sister!! WHERE IS IT??!!" a lady with high pitched voice asked.
Sister? My mum said she was the only daughter.

"I told you Bella! I don't know where it is!" a voice said weakly. It was mum.

"I told you not to go with that filthy half-blood! And where is your daughter!? I would love to see her!" the lady asked her.

"Don't you dare speak about her! I will kill you where you are standing!" mum said. The woman cackled loudly.

"You can't even stand!!Well this is going to be fun! CRUCIO!" the lady yelled. My mum started screaming! Her screams echoed in the house. I couldn't listen to her screams. I walked into the room and attacked the lady from behind.

"STUPEFY!" I casted a spell, causing her to fly across the room.

"Ann! What on earth... are you doing here! I told you to stay with them!" mum said as she laid weakly on the floor.

"Mum! We have to go! NOW!!" I said as I tried to help her stand.

"Well well! What do we have here!? Little Carol!" the lady said.

"How do you know me?! My mum's name is not Carol! It's Olivia! I asked her holding mum.

"Dearie that's no way to speak to Auntie Bella!" she said. I looked at mum, surprised." So your mummy hasn't told you the truth! I am going love killing you both!" she said as she laughed.

"CONFRINGO!" mum yelled. The lady was again thrown across the room. I tried to help mum but the Cruciatus curse had drained all her energy.

"YOU, MOTHER AND DAUGHTER TRY TO KILL ME!!?" the lady yelled.

"I WILL KILL YOU AND EVERY BLOODY BASTARD THERE IS, WHO TRIES TO KILL MY MUM!" I yelled at her.

She cast a spell at me but mum blocked it!

"RUN ANN RUN!!" mum yelled at me.

"I AM NOT LEAVING YOU!" I yelled back at her as the lady was casting spells at mum and mum kept blocking them. While mum and I were having this conversation a spell hit her. She fell across the room. It was just me and the lady now.

"REDUCTO!" I yelled as I ran out of the room! The spell had not hit her but caused a diversion.

I ran down the stairs and tried to run into the hall and took out the extra floo powder I had brought with me.

"CRUCIO!!" the lady yelled!
NO NOT AGAIN!! It was the same pain again! I wanted to save mum! But first I had to get away from this bloody lady!

"CONFRINGO!" a heard a voice! I fell on the ground. I lift my head up to see who it was. It was mum.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!!!" she said.

The lady and mum dueled for some time and the lady was again thrown across the room.

"Mia, there are many things I haven't told you! Now there is not time to tell. The Weasleys know the real me! Stay with them! They will protect you! They will tell you the....." mum fell on the ground. Mum died! I pulled myself towards her as she laid on the ground, lifeless.