Chapter 22: It hurts!

I woke in my dorm early in the morning. I saw Hermione and Ginny were still sleeping. I got ready and walked through the empty halls and finally went to Hagrid's hut, though I knew he wasn't there. I could use some fresh air. I sat down near Hagrid's hut, enjoying the view and the cool breeze. Winter was definitely on the way. Then I saw a strange creature flying and I saw it landed somewhere in the forest. It was the same one which was pulling the carriage that day.
I went searching for it and  saw a whole group of them. It seemed like a family, with young ones.

"Hello" someone told from behind. I turned back and saw it was a girl with dirty blonde hair colour. She was fair and had silvery-blue eyes.

"They are quite fascinating aren't they?!" she said as she walked towards one of them.

"You can see them too?" I asked her.

"Yes. They can be seen only by people who have seen death!" she said.

"What are they?" I asked her

"They are Thestrals. They are quite gentle, really!" she said.

"I am Mia. Mia Anderson." I introduced myself.

"I am Luna Lovegood." She introduced herself. "It's been hard for you isn't it!?" she said.

"Umm....sorry?" I asked her.

"You have lost both your parents. Where do you live now?" she asked.

"Yeah...it's been hard. I live with the Weasleys now. but how do you know about my parents?" I asked her.

"News spreads fast." She said.

"Uhh....right. I'll leave now. My friends might be looking for me. See you later Luna." I said.

"Yeah sure." She said.

I was going back when I saw Harry. I greeted him and I was on my way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"You know you have to stop running away like this!" someone said from behind me. It was George. I turned back and saw Fred and George.

"Hey hi! I am hungry. Want to eat!?" I said trying to change the topic.

"So am I but before running away just tell Freddie once, or he is not gonna let me eat not will he stop talking about you!" George said. I looked at George over to Fred.

"Fine Georgie! I will tell Freddie where I am going ok!" I told him with a smile.

"And take him with you or he will not shut up till you come back!" George told.

"FINE! Now come on! I want to eat!" I said pulling both of them into the hall. We sat and began eating.

"Where did you go by the way?!" Fred asked me.

"Just a walk! You know it's not just me who can see Thestrals, the creatures pulling the carriage. Luna can see them too!" I told Fred.

"Okayy... your point being!?" he asked.

"I am not going mad! I am not seeing things!" I said with a smile.

"You are not going mad because you are already mad! What else is left for you to go more mad!" George said laughing. Fred too started laughing.

"I...you...I am not... fine!!" I said as the three of us started laughing again. We heard voices from outside the Hall. We went and saw Professor McGonagall and Umbridge were arguing.

" I am merely requesting you that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." Professor said.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you are questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." She said as she climbed a stair.