Chapter 8: The Four Champions

Mia's POV

We came back from the hospital wing to the Gryffindor Common Room. The twins were fine now! The same old red-hair I loved! George seemed to be disappointed but Fred was kinda happy! I was shocked, he had been dreading to get into the competition, but now he is happy! We had to go the Great Hall again! The Triwizard champions were to be selected!

"I'll go have a shower! You two wait here and don't try anything funny while I am gone!" George said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and could see Fred did the same! George went to his room while it was only me and Fred in the common room.
There was silence in the room for a few minutes when Fred said breaking the silence

"So Ann! Happy now? he asked.

"More than happy!" I said with a smile on my face.

That's all! That was the only conversation we had! I could sense he was looking at me many a times was I was just sitting there reading The Daily Prophet. George came down from his room and the three of us left to the Great Hall.

IN THE GREAT HALL

There was a lot of commotion in the hall. It took time for everyone to settle down. I sat between the twins. When everyone settled down Professor Dumbledore said,
"Now this is the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection".

Professor dimmed the light from the fire, intensifying the situation.

Professor stood near the goblet of fire and suddenly the blue flame turned into reddish-pink and a piece of parchment emerged from the fire. Professor Dumbledore caught the paper.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum." Professor said reading the parchment.

The cheers of the Durmstrangs echoed in the Great Hall as Krum walked up to Professor Dumbledore and up to the raised platform for the Triwizard champions.
The fire again turned pink and another piece of parchment, but only it didn't look like parchment, it looked more like a piece of cloth.

"The champion of the Beauxbatons is Fluer Delacour" the paper read. Fluer too walked up to Dumbledore, who greeted her with a firm handshake and motioned her to take up place.
"The Hogwarts champion is, Cedric Diggory." Dumbledore announced.

We all started cheering for him, as he too walked up to the platform. I was a bit tensed because he was a good friend and this Triwizard Tournament was bloody dangerous! People have died participating in this competition. But I was happy that the twins didn't get into this competition.

"Excellent!! We now have our three champions. But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory... The Triwizard Cup!" Dumbledore said.
Everyone including George and Fred were cheering when I noticed the fire glowed brightly, Dumbledore walked towards it. It was so bright, Dumbledore had to cover his eyes and then another piece of parchment emerged from the fire!
No! That isn't supposed to happen! It's a Triwizard Championship! Only three wizards from three different magic schools!

"Harry Potter" Dumbledore muttered! This wasn't happening! Harry's is not even 17! How could he possibly participate in such a dangerous competition! I looked at Harry, who was sitting right across me, he sat down, shocked!

"Harry Potter? HARRY POTTER!!!" Dumbledore yelled!

"Go on, Harry", Hermione said.

"You can't possibly tell him to go! He didn't put his name in the fire!" I said.

"Well he has no option now, does he Mia?!" she told! She turned to Harry, "Harry, for goodness sake" she said giving him a light push!
Harry was shocked! He didn't know what was happening! I could see Hermione was concerned and Ron eyes could tell he was furious!
I was unable to comprehend if it was actually happening! Harry walked up to Dumbledore and up to the raised platform! Few students started yelling about Harry being a cheat and that he 
wasn't even 17 yet!

"How would he have done it Freddie?!" George asked Fred.

"I have no clue, Georgie! He could have at least told us!" Fred replied.

"Shut it, you two! He didn't put his name in the fire! Something is wrong!" I said trying to think what went wrong and where!

IN THE COMMON ROOM

We came back to the common room! Hermione and I were concerned, while the boys were trying to figure out how he would have done it! Harry was not with us! We all sat in the common room.

"They will not let it participate in the competition right?!" I asked.

"They are not supposed to! Harry is not seventeen yet!" Hermione said.

Eventually everyone went back to their rooms. It was only me and the twins sitting in the common room.

"Relax Ann! Nothing is going to happen to Harry! He has gone through far more worse things, even a kid!" George said reassuring me.

"Come on! Let's go back to our rooms!" Fred said standing up and lending me his hand, motioning me to stand.

"I think I'll stay here for sometime" I said.

"Okay!" the twins said in unison and left.

But the suddenly I felt someone hug me from behind. I knew it was Fred. When he pulled away, I turned behind and looked into his brown eyes! I could look into his eyes forever! Our eyes were locked together when we heard someone coming into the common room. It was Harry!

"Harry! What happened!?" I asked as I stood up.

"I have no choice but to participate in the competition" he said!

"WHATT!" I squealed in fear and concern.

"I know! Good night Ann! I want to be alone for sometime" he said and walked into his dorm.

"Come along!" Fred said wrapping his arms around me.

We walked up the stairs, when we had to part ways, he gave me a reassuring smile! I just hugged him! I have no clue of why I did that but I did! He melted into the hug and he too hugged me! I felt so secure, so warm in his arms, I didn't want to leave him! I pulled away and he bent down and kissed me on my forehead and I walked into my room.

I drifted into sleep thinking about what had happened! One thing, I knew for sure... Something was bound to happen this year!