Chapter 36: Christmas Party

Mia's POV

Today is the 'Supper Party' that Professor Slughorn has invited me, Hermione and Harry too. I finished all my classes and then went to professor's office with Harry and Hermione. There was a circular table around which we sat. I sat between Hermione and Neville.

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your uncle Tiberius these days?" Professor asked Cormac. He said something about hunting. I was least interested in what he had to say. Professor asked Belby about his uncle which again I had no interest to listen to.

"What about you, Miss Granger!? What exactly does your family do the Muggle world?" professor asked. Hermione told that her parents were dentists. Most of them had no clue about who dentists are, but I knew. She explained to them about the profession. Then Ginny entered. She had cried, she and dean were fighting once again.

"Ah, Miss Weasley come in" professor said.

"Look at her eyes. They've been fighting again, her and Dean." Hermione whispered to Harry.

"Sorry, I am not usually late!" Ginny said. Harry stood up. Obviously he liked her. Hermione and I looked at each other and smiled.

"What?" Harry asked the both of us, as we were looking at him.

"Nothing!" we said as we continued to eat. Finally the dinner party was over, and we could go back to our dorms.

THE NEXT DAY

This is the quidditch match. Hermione, Harry and I were at the Great hall, while Ron entered in his quidditch uniform.

"So how was it then!?" Ron asked.

"How was what!?" I asked.

"The dinner party?" Ron asked.

"Pretty boring actually!" Hermione said.

"Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert!" I said with a smile. Harry gave me the 'What are you talking about look' .

"Slughorn's having a Christmas do you know! And we're meant to bring someone" Hermione said.

"I expect you'll bring McLaggen. He's in the Slug Club isn't he?" Ron asked.

"Actually I was going to ask you!" Hermione said.

"Good luck today Ron!" someone said. I saw it was Lavender. "I know you'll be brilliant!"

"I'm resigning, after today's match, McLaggen can have my spot!" Ron said.

"Shut up Ron!!" I said.

"Have it your way!" Harry said

"Sure" Ron said.

"Hello everyone!" Luna said.

"Oh hey Luna!" I said.

"You look dreadful Ron!" she said looking at him.

"Is that why you put something in his cup!?" Luna asked. "Is it a tonic!?"
I saw Harry keep something in his pocket. It was Liquid Luck.

"Harry!!" I said." Don't drink it Ron!!" I said.

"You could be expelled for that!" Hermione told Harry.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Harry said.

"Come on Harry! We have a game to win!" Ron said.

Eventually the game begin and I have to Ron did do a great job!! We won the game! There was celebrations in the common room, but I wasn't in the mood. So I went to the Astronomy tower.
I was sitting in the Astronomy tower, lost in my thoughts. Tears rolled down my cheeks, thinking about the day mum died.