Chapter 56: Memories

THE NEXT DAY

George's POV

I woke up in the morning and saw Freddie was still sleeping. Ann wasn't there in the tent. I went out and saw Ann was sitting on one of the wet rocks in the river. I walked over to her.

"Good morning Ann!" I said.

"Oh! Good morning Georgie!" she said. She didn't look at me, instead she took a handful of water from the flowing river and washed her face.

"Ann what's wrong!?" I asked sitting on one of the rocks.

"I don't want to die Georgie! Maybe if I hadn't married Freddie I wouldn't mind dying...but now..." she trailed off.

"Ann!? What are talking about!? You didn't have your visions again right!?" I asked her.

"No thankfully not! I'm scared!" she said.

"And you think we are not!? We are teenagers entering a war Ann!" I said.

"That's not what I meant!" she said and kept quiet.
I splashed some water at her.
"Stop it Georgie!" she said. I continued to splash water at her.
"Fine! you're on!" she said with a smile and began splashing water at me. We continued to splash water at each other when there was a sudden there was the water splashed and both of us fell into the river. We stood up and saw it was Freddie. He had cast a spell.

"Freddie you git!" I said walking out of the river.

"Are you crazy!?" Ann said.

"You can't have all the fun without me!" Freddie said with a smile.

"Yeah whatever!" Ann said and walked a bit further into the river.

"What are you doing!?" Freddie asked as he sat on one of the rocks.

"Washing my hair!" she said as she soaked her hair in the river and began brushing through it.

"You have brought so many things in that bag of yours couldn't you bring a shampoo!?" I asked.

"I purposely didn't bring one!" she asked as she continued to wash her hair.

"Why!?" Freddie asked.

"The smell...it leaves traces! Makes it easier to find us!" she said.
Freddie and I looked at each other completely surprised. I knew we would definitely not use our brains so much.

"You seriously thought so much!?" Freddie asked.

"Yeah!?" I said.

"I am trying to wash off the scent which I know won't go away so easy!" she said.

"That explains why you changed don't use your perfume anymore! But why you changed your perfume!?" Freddie asked. I looked at her.

"You've noticed that!?" she asked looking at him.

"Yeah! Of course! After you came back...like those two weeks when you went missing...it's after that that you changed your perfume!" Freddie said.

"Yeah it's..." Ann was telling when we heard a rustling sound. Ann walked out of the river and we walked towards the sound to see who it was. Freddie and I took out our wands and so did Ann. She looked around and then we saw someone. It was the snatchers. I saw one of them was carrying someone, someone they would have killed and were taking back to the Ministry. Ann stood where she was standing, so she wouldn't make any noise. She was troubled at the sight of the dead man they were carrying, but I noticed she was more scared, frightened when she saw one of them. Freddie and I too stood where we standing, not moving an inch. A man, quite ugly walked right past Ann. He didn't notice her, thanks to the enchantments she had put around the tent.