Chapter 68: Drunk

AFTER A FEW DAYS

Ginny's POV

It's been three days since Ann died. All of us were heartbroken when we saw Georgie carrying her into the Great Hall, and the way Freddie cried, brought us all into tears. Her death has affected all of us, Freddie of all. He doesn't come out of Ann's room. He has locked himself in her room from when she died and so has Georgie, but in his room. He only came out when Professor McGonagall came home. She has left a dairy on Freddie's bed, which none of us are ready to read. It's not that we don't want to read, it's just we are not ready to listen to few things which she might have not told us, like the fact that she was pregnant when she died. Mum has agreed to me and Harry getting married and even Ron and Hermione. But both Ron and I told we wanted to be with Freddie for sometime now. The house has lost it's spark though all of us even Percy is there with us.

"Morning Ginny!" Harry said. I was sitting at the table thinking about Freddie.

"Morning Harry!" I said.

"What's wrong!?" he asked sitting next to me.

"Should I answer that!?" I said.

"Sorry!" he said.
Ron and Hermione came into the kitchen.

"Hey guys!" Hermione said.

"Hey!" I said.

"It's really boring without them isn't it!?" Ron said.

"Very!" I said in tears.
We kept quiet when we heard someone coming down the stairs. I stood up and went to the living room.

"Fred!?" I said, hoping it would be him. But it was Georgie. "Georgie!" I said with a smile and waking towards him and hugged him.

"Hey Gin!" he said.

"It's been three days since I spoke you!" I said in tears, pulling from the hug and looking at him.

"I know! Did Freddie come out!?" he asked.

"You yourself took three days to come out ofyour room! You think he'll come out!?" Ron said.

"What's for breakfast!?" he asked.

"You hungry!? Just wait for few minutes! Mum didn't cook anything!" I said walking into the kitchen.

"How come mum didn't cook anything!?" he asked.

"She sits by Ann's mum's grave almost all day! She was her godmother after all!" I said. "So what do you want!?"

"Not for me! For Freddie!" he said.

"What!?" I asked.

"I promised her I'll look after him!" he said in tears.

"Georgie we tried! He kicked us out!" I said. Freddie had gone full wild yesterday. He had locked the door. He would let us in. Ron used his wand to open the door and Freddie roared at us.

"I know! I heard!" he said. "But I'm gonna keep up my promise! That's the least I can do...afterall she died saving me!" he said as tears rolled down his cheek.

"George! It wasn't your fault!" Ron said.

"And why do you say that!?" Georgie shot back at him. "She died because of me Ron! It's because of me everyone is like this! If I could get Freddie to start speaking to everyone again...everything will go back to normal! And could we please stop taking about how it was not my fault! I am already filled with guilt!" Georgie said. Everyone kept quiet. I made some roasted bread and some nice hot coffee and kept it on the table.

"I don't know to cook much!" I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"It's okay! That'll do!" he said standing up and kissing me on my cheek. "Thank you!"