Chapter 41: Sectumsempra

THE NEXT DAY

It's 5 in the morning and I haven't slept the whole night. Hermione slept, holding Ron's hand. I knew Hermione too would be a Weasley. I began to doze off now.

"Ann!" I heard someone. It was Hermione.

"Sleep now! I am awake! Thank you for staying here with me!" she said.

"It's nothing Hermione!" I said.
I leaned on the table and fell asleep.

After some time I heard voices around me. I heard someone say Fred. I woke up.

"Fred! Has he come!?" I asked. I saw Harry and Ginny.

"No Ann! But I can't believe you didn't tell me!" Hermione said with a smile.

"Tell you what!?" I asked.

"Blimey!! You and Freddie are engaged and how dare he asked you when we were not there!!" Ron asked. He was awake.

"Hey Ron!! How are you!?" I asked.

"I'm good! But are you really engaged!" he asked.
I showed him the ring.

"It's a beautiful ring!" Hermione said. I smiled looking at the ring.

"What about the promise ring!?" Harry asked.

"It's still with me!" I said as I showed him the necklace.

"When is the wedding!?" Ginny asked.

"I don't know...but it's definitely after this term!" I said.

"We'll eagerly be waiting then! Right Harry!?" Hermione said.

"Definitely!!" Harry said.

"Of course! I want you all to be there!" I said.

"We promise Ann!" Harry and Hermione said. I yawned.

"Get some sleep Ann!" Ginny said.

"Yeah! You have stayed up the whole night!" Hermione said.

"Yeah okay!" I said as I stood up.

"Ann! I have a question!" Ron said.

"Yes Ron?" I asked.

"Are you going to be Mia Weasley or Roxanne Weasley!?" he said. I had honestly not thought about that!

"It's a good question...but I haven't thought about it! We'll figure it later!" I said as I turned back and left the hospital wing. I went back to my dorm and slept for sometime.
I woke up after quite a long time. I was walking the stairs, towards the Great Hall, when I saw Draco was walking away, tensed. I saw Harry was following him. I knew Draco was in trouble. They went into the boys' bathroom on the sixth floor. I didn't care that it was the boys' bathroom and went inside. I heard Draco sobbing.

"...You hexed her, didn't you!?" Harry asked. Draco looked tensed. I noticed he was holding his wand tighter. He wanted to cast a spell.

"DRACO! NO!" I said. He had cast a spell. Harry and I moved aside and even Harry cast a spell.

"HARRY! NO! WAIT!!" I said. Harry and I stood against a wall. Harry bent a bit and Draco cast a spell.
"COME ON GUYS! WE DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!" I said.
They cast spells at each other. One of the spells hit me and I was thrown back. My wand fell somewhere. I stood up and before I could ask them to stop Harry used the 'Sectumsempra' spell on Draco. Draco staggered backward and collapsed on the waterlogged floor with a splash. Harry looked at me.

"Harry!! What have you done!?" I said looking at him. I ran towards Draco. I knelt down before him, ignoring the blood. His face was shining scarlet. He was sobbing as he laid on the floor. I knew exactly how he was feeling.

"It's okay Draco! It's going to be okay!" I said trying to calm him down though I knew it was of no use. I saw Harry stood in front of us. I searched for my wand.
"My wand Harry!! GET ME MY WAND!!" I said looking at Draco who was sobbing in pain. I was tensed! He didn't deserve this. Then professor Snape came into the bathroom. He looked at Draco and then at Harry. Harry was terrified. He looked at Snape and then at me and left the bathroom. I moved aside so Snape could help Draco.

"Vulnera Sanentur. Vulnera Sanentur. Vulnera Sanentur" Snape said.
The bleeding had stopped. Draco was taken to the hospital. I went with him to the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey gave him few medicines and applied Dittany, which stings like hell. Tears rolled down my eyes as I heard him scream.

"Miss Anderson...my office!" Snape said.

"Yes professor!" I said. I looked at Draco before leaving the hospital wing.
I knocked the door of Snape's office. The door opened and I walked inside. I robes were wet. Snape used the hot air charm to dry me.

"Thank you professor!" I said.

"Why... did you want... to help Draco!?" he asked.

"He is my friend sir!" I said.

"Friend!?...As head of Slytherin house, I know my students well...And I know that you had broke his nose in your fifth year, Miss Anderson." He said.

"People change sir! I have changed and he has too, a lot!" I said.

"What do you mean Miss Anderson!?" he asked.

"He is not a person who stays quiet professor, and he has been rather too quiet from the past few months!" I said.

"For the last time Miss Anderson...why did you want to help Draco?" he asked.

"For the same reason you wanted to help him professor!" I said.
Snape was shocked. He stood where he was standing and looked at me. I looked at him.
"He is in pain professor! I have seen him cry! He is scared..."I was telling.

"I am very aware of how he feels Miss Anderson!" he said.
"Though I have to admit this is the first time I have seen a Gryffindor trying to help a Slytherin."

"I don't trust people depending on which house they are in professor!" I said.

"Good luck!" he said.

"I'm sorry professor...'Good Luck'!?" I asked.

"With Mr.Potter and his friends!" he said. "You can leave!"

"He didn't choose Professor! He had no choice!" I said and left his office.

I walked into the Gryffindor common room and saw Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were sitting there. I didn't want to speak to them so I walked towards the stairs.